The Student Room Group

Midwifery interview help

Hi, ive applied for midwifery 2024 to USW, Bristol, Swansea and Cardiff. Has anyone received anything yet? I've got a Bristol interview but so scared and have no idea what to expect... does anyone have any tips or anything please?
Original post by Keira.Duffy1
Hi, ive applied for midwifery 2024 to USW, Bristol, Swansea and Cardiff. Has anyone received anything yet? I've got a Bristol interview but so scared and have no idea what to expect... does anyone have any tips or anything please?

Perhaps drop @Tracey_W a message asking her what sort of questions you might be asked for midwifery interviews as she is a registered midwife and may be able to assist you.
Original post by Keira.Duffy1

did you find anything out?? im in the same boat
Reply 3
Original post by faithsinnott12
did you find anything out?? im in the same boat

Some more information about what yous are wanting would have been helpful so that people could answer this better...

Hopefully you'll know that nobody can give you exact questions or answers for any potential interviews yous will have for midwifery because of fairness to all the other candidates that are also going to be applying okay.

I can give yous some examples of what you might be asked about at your upcoming interview.....
Here's some examples questions below:-

1) why do you want to be a midwife
2) why did you chose this particular university for to study your midwife degree
3) what if any prior experience do you have in any nursing situations ( remember experience not always required but useful).
4) understand the NMC code of practice
5) NHS values
6) learn the 6 C's of nursing
7) read over what you wrote in your personal statement incase you are asked about it
8 ) how would cope with stress while on duty
9 ) how would you cope with a bereavement while on shift while staying professional as a midwife ( unfortunately this is part of the job you need to deal with)
10 ) what research have you done about midwifery and what resources did you use.

Did you both receive any information about what you are to research and study for the interview from the university ( I know some universities give potential students stuff for to study prior to the actual interview) - if so then I would suggest that yous research and study on this information as they will base there interview questions on this information yous were given okay.

Unfortunately I haven't studied at any of the universities yous are wishing to go to but the coursework is exactly the same regardless of the universities you attend.

NHS registered midwife
how did ur Cardiff interview go ?
Have you heard anything back about midwifery at Cardiff yet? Has my interview in Jan but nothing back yet ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending