The Student Room Group

Law offers 2024 thread (Scotland)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MollieMcKezie
Brilliant news!

Thank you! And breathe! 🫠😂
My daughter also received an offer today at about 1745 from Glasgow to study Law LLB. Conditional on achieving a B in Adv Higher English.Very achievable so she is very excited. Slightly annoying that she missed out on the offer holders day at Glasgow today.However great news.
I got an offer from Cali today !!! :-)
Well done! Me too!
Original post by Weescouty
My daughter just got an offer from Glasgow for Scot’s Law non contextual, has 5As ant H from S5 and predicted 2As AH and 1 A Crash H. Came in at 1800. Needs 1 B at AH. Oh, LNAT 22!
I’ve been a serial lurker and have followed the threads with interest it has been a help as this has been such a stressful time.
Sadly she missed the offer holder day but what a relief! Good luck all who are waiting. I don’t know if coincidence or not but she contacted admissions via chat today….xx

My daughter got same almost exactly. Came in at 1745 yesterday. B condition in Adv H English. She is buzzing, as are we. :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Weescouty
My daughter just got an offer from Glasgow for Scot’s Law non contextual, has 5As ant H from S5 and predicted 2As AH and 1 A Crash H. Came in at 1800. Needs 1 B at AH. Oh, LNAT 22!
I’ve been a serial lurker and have followed the threads with interest it has been a help as this has been such a stressful time.
Sadly she missed the offer holder day but what a relief! Good luck all who are waiting. I don’t know if coincidence or not but she contacted admissions via chat today….xx

what did she ask them? x
I just got an offer for Glasgow! Lnat 23, 5A higher and AAB advanced highers and crash higher A predicted, my offer was B in one advanced higher or A in the higher, weirdly enough on my UCAS track the course showed up as Scots law when I applied for common law, is this an alternative course offer? It didn't say anything about the change? I haven't gotten an email or anything but I have emailed the admissions department to see if it was an accident or an alternative course offer
Original post by Hyacinth*
I just got an offer for Glasgow! Lnat 23, 5A higher and AAB advanced highers and crash higher A predicted, my offer was B in one advanced higher or A in the higher, weirdly enough on my UCAS track the course showed up as Scots law when I applied for common law, is this an alternative course offer? It didn't say anything about the change? I haven't gotten an email or anything but I have emailed the admissions department to see if it was an accident or an alternative course offer

What time did your ucas update ? Will you take it if it’s an alternative offer ?
Original post by Hopefulug
What time did your ucas update ? Will you take it if it’s an alternative offer ?

Ok, I lied it actually happened last night and I emailed them last night, no reply yet which is normal, I did get an email from the university saying I got a conditional offer and it said I was given an alternative course offer, but the email also read as if they thought I wanted to be a solicitor in Scotland and accidentally applied for the wrong one so they changed it (this is just my opinion and may not be accurate), if it is an alternative course offer and cant be changed back ill still take it
Original post by anonymous8876
what did she ask them? x

She contacted them and said she was worried about her application given the offers day that she was missing. They took her UCAS number and came back and they said they were pleased to say that it was still under consideration. Bog standard response, I suppose but did find it strange that the offer came in that evening.
Original post by Cyb3rspace
I’ll just leave my insta here if anyone wants to join a groupchat; nmccraw_

i’ll join :smile:)
Original post by Hyacinth*

Update!

I'd posted last week that my son was rejected from Glasgow (stats = 5A's at H, 3 A's predicted at AH and LNAT 32).

When he queried the rejection, he was told firstly that his LNAT didn't make the cut-off, then that his LNAT had never arrived.

So he sent it on and had his rejection overturned.

But they also queried his application for Common rather than Scots Law saying they would normally move all home students to Scots Law unless they specifically made a case for Common Law in their personal statement.

He made the case that he'd made a choice based on career aspirations.

Curious that they don't normally query the choice for Common Law with the individual applicant.

Anyway the good news is that he finally got an offer from Glasgow for Common Law today. Yay!

Just Edinburgh to go now.
Original post by Pootleflump
Update!
I'd posted last week that my son was rejected from Glasgow (stats = 5A's at H, 3 A's predicted at AH and LNAT 32).
When he queried the rejection, he was told firstly that his LNAT didn't make the cut-off, then that his LNAT had never arrived.
But they also queried his application for Common rather than Scots Law saying they would normally move all home students to Scots Law unless they specifically made a case for Common Law in their personal statement.
Curious that they don't normally query the choice for Common Law with the individual applicant.
Anyway the good news is that he finally got an offer from Glasgow for Common Law today. Yay!

Ooh congrats to your son! That information is also nice to hear, I'll try calling them to see if it's possible to change it back thank you :smile:
Update!

how did he get in touch?
Update!

wait so when he first go rejected because said his LNAT didn't meet the cutoff WITH A 32 !? That's crazy!! Congrats to your son btw ! did they end up telling you what the LNAT cut off is? I have an offer from Glasgow for Common Law on the condition that my LNAT meets minimum threshold ( I have a 22) .
Original post by AllThingsLaw1405
Has anyone gotten Law offers from any Scottish University? I’m really nervous about the silence.

I got an offer yesterday from Edinburgh, it took ages though, so don't worry.
Original post by whostal_

I got an offer yesterday from Edinburgh, it took ages though, so don't worry.

Are you a Scottish student
My son got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh yesterday for Law, Scottish student
Original post by CuteShoes
My son got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh yesterday for Law, Scottish student

What were his stats if don’t mind me
Asking
Reply 279
Update!

Congrats to your son, you all must be delighted! He absolutely deserves a place and was shocked to read he's been declined with those stats! Not sure why Glasgow would assume Scots law for Scottish students. As lovely as our country is I'm sure a lot of our kids will fly the nest after uni. What is his preferred choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending