The Student Room Group

Law offers 2024 thread (Scotland)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefhghjhbdsxcc
hi there - so sorry for the rejection, unfortunately the same happened to me yesterday too, i don’t understand why strathclyde are rejecting everyone even applicants who meet the entry requirements.
So sorry to hear about you too!. It’s hard not to take it personally! Do you have other offers?
Original post by Cattycal
So sorry to hear about you too!. It’s hard not to take it personally! Do you have other offers?
yes i have a conditional from Dundee but im waiting on my top choices Glasgow and Edinburgh, what about you ?
Reply 82
I met the requirements for Strathclyde and just got rejected 😕 I’m also predicted As x 2AH and As x 2 H. UCAS stated unsuccessful or course full.
So sorry to read this. I think it was the same last year for some reason Strathclyde rejected lots of people with excellent grades. It is just so competitive. My daughter hasn't heard anything yet. Nervewracking. Good luck with the other unis you are waiting for. Hopefully you will get those offers soon.
Reply 83
Original post by fefhghjhbdsxcc
hi there - so sorry for the rejection, unfortunately the same happened to me yesterday too, i don’t understand why strathclyde are rejecting everyone even applicants who meet the entry requirements.
So sorry to read this. I hope you get all the other offers you are waiting for. Strathclyde always seem to reject loads of people with excellent grades.
Reply 84
I met the requirements for Strathclyde and just got rejected 😕 I’m also predicted As x 2AH and As x 2 H. UCAS stated unsuccessful or course full.
Sorry for the rejection it’s the same with me, just got rejected last night and have the same grades and predicted as you, don’t really understand what they are looking for to be honest, I would’ve thought they would maybe at least offer a difficult conditional. But good luck for the rest of your uni applications!
Original post by ellep30
Sorry for the rejection it’s the same with me, just got rejected last night and have the same grades and predicted as you, don’t really understand what they are looking for to be honest, I would’ve thought they would maybe at least offer a difficult conditional. But good luck for the rest of your uni applications!
Thanks so much, you too. Probs will choose Stirling as really liked it at the open day!
Anyone heard back from Edinburgh yet? I've unconditionals from Aberdeen, Dundee and Stirling and was rejected the other day from Strathclyde. Was quite surprised to be honest as I achieved AAAAB in 5th year and was told my personal statement was excellent with lots of work experience. I know my chance of getting into Edinburgh is extremely low but would love to be put out of my misery!
Original post by jamiekmartin
Anyone heard back from Edinburgh yet? I've unconditionals from Aberdeen, Dundee and Stirling and was rejected the other day from Strathclyde. Was quite surprised to be honest as I achieved AAAAB in 5th year and was told my personal statement was excellent with lots of work experience. I know my chance of getting into Edinburgh is extremely low but would love to be put out of my misery!
Same Jamie and not heard from Edinburgh either. Tho not holding out much hope. Where do u think u will choose to go?
Same Jamie and not heard from Edinburgh either. Tho not holding out much hope. Where do u think u will choose to go?
Not sure to be honest. Thinking about taking a gap year and applying next year. Wish I had applied to Glasgow as well! What about you?
Original post by jamiekmartin
Not sure to be honest. Thinking about taking a gap year and applying next year. Wish I had applied to Glasgow as well! What about you?
Thinking Stirling and commuting from Glasgow. I didn’t apply to Glasgow either - didn’t enjoy the open day. Stirling looks great with lots of flexibility with modules. But not sure if the ranking still matters in law firms tho!
I have just spoken to Edinburgh Admission team and they are still assessing Law candidates. I was asking the following too about Offer Holder Days...."I understand that all universities have until the 16th May to provide a response to that application, however, what I don’t understand is if she has not received an offer before the 26th March (the date for your Offer Holders Day) what happens? Is she in limbo? Can she still attend? Or is there multiple offer holder days? Seems very early to have it given it appears a lot of applicants are still waiting for a decision"

They said some will miss out on that day if there offer comes after the 24th April as that was the best date suitable for the University.
Reply 91
Original post by scott1971annie
I have just spoken to Edinburgh Admission team and they are still assessing Law candidates. I was asking the following too about Offer Holder Days...."I understand that all universities have until the 16th May to provide a response to that application, however, what I don’t understand is if she has not received an offer before the 26th March (the date for your Offer Holders Day) what happens? Is she in limbo? Can she still attend? Or is there multiple offer holder days? Seems very early to have it given it appears a lot of applicants are still waiting for a decision"
They said some will miss out on that day if there offer comes after the 24th April as that was the best date suitable for the University.
Thanks for sharing this. Annoying that they might miss out on offer holders day if offers come in later! I saw someone mention that Glasgow admissions have apparently said they are aiming to have most offers out by the end of March. Hope that's right. Such a nerve wracking time for everyone.
Reply 92
Hi my daughter got an unconditional tonight from Strathclyde for LLB Scots law with Spanish. Offer came in about 5pm.
Reply 93
Original post by Raquele
Hi my daughter got an unconditional tonight from Strathclyde for LLB Scots law with Spanish. Offer came in about 5pm.
My son is still waiting to hear for this course too - 5As. 🤞🤞congratulations on your daughter's offer.
Reply 94
Original post by MrsMG
My son is still waiting to hear for this course too - 5As. 🤞🤞congratulations on your daughter's offer.
Thank you!! She got all As too - keeping my fingers crossed for your son. Hopefully he hears soon.
Reply 95
Original post by Raquele
Thank you!! She got all As too - keeping my fingers crossed for your son. Hopefully he hears soon.
Hello, first of all congratulations on your daughter’s offer. Can I please ask what Higher Subjects did your daughter study? My younger cousin is in S4 going into S5 and is interested in applying for LLB Law in the future but not sure what Higher Subjects to take
Reply 96
Original post by REB765
Hello, first of all congratulations on your daughter’s offer. Can I please ask what Higher Subjects did your daughter study? My younger cousin is in S4 going into S5 and is interested in applying for LLB Law in the future but not sure what Higher Subjects to take
Hi she did Maths, English, Chemistry, Spanish, Graphic Communications and Media Studies. Glasgow advise you to take higher maths and Strathclyde have a list of preferred essay based subjects like History , Politics, languages - so a mixture of those plus English which is needed everywhere would be recommended.
Reply 97
Original post by Raquele
Hi she did Maths, English, Chemistry, Spanish, Graphic Communications and Media Studies. Glasgow advise you to take higher maths and Strathclyde have a list of preferred essay based subjects like History , Politics, languages - so a mixture of those plus English which is needed everywhere would be recommended.
Thank you so much for your reply and will let her know
Does everyone’s portal in Glasgow sat application received still ?
Reply 99
Original post by Hopefulug
Does everyone’s portal in Glasgow sat application received still ?
Yes - that's the same for us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending