The Student Room Group

Electronic engeneering at uni

I'm currently studying; maths, economics and RS and want to do EE. I tried to switch to physics but was 1 week to late, is there any chance i would be able to get onto any courses at places like exter, leeds or queen marys (foundation year)?
Apply for courses with a foundation year. If you do well in your subjects you can apply to plenty of really excellent engineering universities via the foundation year route e.g. Southampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Loughborough etc.

Alternately you can explore the possibility of doing A-level Physics (perhaps also FM) in a gap year.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Apply for courses with a foundation year. If you do well in your subjects you can apply to plenty of really excellent engineering universities via the foundation year route e.g. Southampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Loughborough etc.

Alternately you can explore the possibility of doing A-level Physics (perhaps also FM) in a gap year.

Hi, this is also the route i’m planning on taking. Do you or anyone else have any advice on extracurriculars / anything outside of school i can do to improve my application ?

Quick Reply

Latest