The Student Room Group

is 7 subjects too much for IB?

Im currently in MYP5. Top of my class. Im hoping to study medicine in the near future but I havent decided on the specific university or the country yet. Some unis require all 3 sciences and that would be an issue for me. I do not know if I can handle all 7 subjects but I also dont know of any other options. Id appreciate any insight or advice. THANK YOU! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by N1N4
Im currently in MYP5. Top of my class. Im hoping to study medicine in the near future but I havent decided on the specific university or the country yet. Some unis require all 3 sciences and that would be an issue for me. I do not know if I can handle all 7 subjects but I also dont know of any other options. Id appreciate any insight or advice. THANK YOU! :smile:

There are two angles to look at this:
1) Do you need all three sciences for all of the unis are just some?
2) Do you believe that the additional subject would cause some of your other subjects' grades to decrease?
3) Are all three going to be HL sciences?
I personally am aiming towards the computer science/ systems engineering etc route and therefore take computer science as my science, however I do take biology but that is because my school does not allow for the subject combination i wanted. Taking biology standard level itself is already quite hard I feel, some days I have had to spend the same amount of time revising for SL Biology as I have had to study for my HLs. I honestly would not recommend doing 7 subjects but that is based on your answer to my questions above

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending