The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are my grades good enough for LSE Bsc Management?

Hello everyone,
I am in year 13 doing the IB system, I am going to have a predicted of 42 or 43 out of 45; with the following subjects and respective grades-

HL Maths AI - 7
HL Business - 7
HL Global Politics - 6
SL English - 6
SL Sports Science - 7
SL French Ab initio - 6/7
TOK + EE - 3

Do I have a chance of getting into LSE? And does my letter of motivation/personal statement have a big impact on whether I get in or not?

Thank you in advance
(edited 5 months ago)
42 or 43 predicted out of 45 is good enough don’t worry, but the main point of assessment is definitely the personal statement.

With LSE, an applicant with lower grades but a better personal statement will likely be the successful one since the university put so much emphasis on the statement and absolutely scrutinise it.
So make sure your statement is up to standard and top notch and you have a good chance.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by kikaf_f
Hello everyone,
I am in year 13 doing the IB system, I am going to have a predicted of 42 or 43 out of 45; with the following subjects and respective grades-

HL Maths AI - 7
HL Business - 7
HL Global Politics - 6
SL English - 6
SL Sports Science - 7
SL French Ab initio - 6/7
TOK + EE - 3

Do I have a chance of getting into LSE? And does my letter of motivation/personal statement have a big impact on whether I get in or not?

Thank you in advance

Your grades exceed the entry requirements but now you must work on creating a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement for the admissions tutors to read, and hopefully make you an offer you can't refuse. 😀
Reply 3
Original post by username6456062
42 or 43 predicted out of 45 is good enough don’t worry, but the main point of assessment is definitely the personal statement.

With LSE, an applicant with lower grades but a better personal statement will likely be the successful one since the university put so much emphasis on the statement and absolutely scrutinise it.
So make sure your statement is up to standard and top notch and you have a good chance.

Thank you so much for this message. Really improved my personal statement after your reply!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending