The Student Room Group

Msc Psychology conversion program in UK

Hi,
I studied IT for my bachelors and now I wanted to pursue my career in psychology. I came across a psychology conversion course. However, I am not sure if taking this course will open my path as a psychologist. After completing this course, will I be able to work or get any jobs in the UK? or is it all just a waste. I do not want to return to my country as soon as i complete the course.
Completing a psychology conversion course can provide you with foundational knowledge to pursue roles in psychology-related fields in the UK, but it's important to research specific job requirements and opportunities in your desired area of focus to ensure alignment with your career goals.
Original post by yyashaswii
Hi,
I studied IT for my bachelors and now I wanted to pursue my career in psychology. I came across a psychology conversion course. However, I am not sure if taking this course will open my path as a psychologist. After completing this course, will I be able to work or get any jobs in the UK? or is it all just a waste. I do not want to return to my country as soon as i complete the course.

Hi! So completing a conversion psychology MSc will provide you with graduate based membership of the British Psychological Society which will grant you access to further psychology study and a wider range of careers. If you are interested in becoming a clinical psychologist, this accreditation would be an important first step.
-Kat (2nd year psychology student at Lancaster University)
Reply 3
Original post by HiraFatimah15
Completing a psychology conversion course can provide you with foundational knowledge to pursue roles in psychology-related fields in the UK, but it's important to research specific job requirements and opportunities in your desired area of focus to ensure alignment with your career goals.

Hi, after completing a one year masters psychology conversion course, will I be eligible to look for jobs related in this field in UK?
Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi! So completing a conversion psychology MSc will provide you with graduate based membership of the British Psychological Society which will grant you access to further psychology study and a wider range of careers. If you are interested in becoming a clinical psychologist, this accreditation would be an important first step.
-Kat (2nd year psychology student at Lancaster University)

Hi, after completing a one year masters psychology conversion course, will I be eligible to look for jobs related in this field in UK?
Original post by yyashaswii

That's correct, but be aware that there is a lot more training and studying after your degree (or in your case, conversion course) so do make sure to research the career path(s) you want to take so you know what your next moves should be!
Reply 6
Original post by Scotland Yard
That's correct, but be aware that there is a lot more training and studying after your degree (or in your case, conversion course) so do make sure to research the career path(s) you want to take so you know what your next moves should be!
Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest