The Student Room Group

GMP Online assessment Centre

Hi

My online assessment centre for Greater Manchester police (Detective DHEP) is coming up in a couple of weeks.

I'm struggling to prepare for the competency-based interview part of it.

Has anybody recently completed this or passed this who could guide me on the best way to prepare for it, what type of questions there is/was?

I always feel like my mind goes blank when trying to think of situations I have been in and relate them to the question "tell me about a time when..."

Reply 1
bump
Hi, I completed my online assessment for West Yorkshire about a week ago and have not yet received my results yet so I'm not sure if I've passed or not, however I used blue light on YouTube and that helped me kind of understand what they were looking for in answers. I made lots of notes just to sort of rehearse my answers or as prompts for life examples that I may have forgotten (for the interview). as for the briefing exercise this was the thing I was most worried about but actually turned out pretty easy, just use common sense and be yourself- say what you would do if you were an officer and it should go okay.
Original post by reeceado
Hi

My online assessment centre for Greater Manchester police (Detective DHEP) is coming up in a couple of weeks.

I'm struggling to prepare for the competency-based interview part of it.

Has anybody recently completed this or passed this who could guide me on the best way to prepare for it, what type of questions there is/was?

I always feel like my mind goes blank when trying to think of situations I have been in and relate them to the question "tell me about a time when..."

Hi,

any news yet ? I’m at the medical stage well had it 2 weeks ago
Reply 4
Hello can any of you remember any questions they asked in the CBI?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending