The Student Room Group

Motivation needed

Can you randoms lowkey bully me to study, any means possible ?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks

Oi you, study!!!

(although it is currently almost midnight in the UK so if you're in the UK or similar time zone I'd recommend you get some sleep :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks

Hi Anon!

I won't bully you into studying because I'm not quite sure how helpful that'd be, but I'll give you a tip instead- in hopes this might work better ?

One thing that's helped me when feel more motivated was to "space out my learning". In the beginning I would try to study in shorter but more frequent periods, with zero distractions I would revise for an hour, then take a break afterward. I would get back to it at a different time in the day. By breaking down my studying into chunks, revision felt more manageable and less overwhelming. Oftentimes, the idea of doing something is a lot more daunting than the actual task itself.

Once I found myself in a more regular rhythm of revision, I would adopt the Pomodoro technique as a revision style. You can read up more about it here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl. Eventually, I naturally got into the habit of revising regularly.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi Anon!

I won't bully you into studying because I'm not quite sure how helpful that'd be, but I'll give you a tip instead- in hopes this might work better ?

One thing that's helped me when feel more motivated was to "space out my learning". In the beginning I would try to study in shorter but more frequent periods, with zero distractions I would revise for an hour, then take a break afterward. I would get back to it at a different time in the day. By breaking down my studying into chunks, revision felt more manageable and less overwhelming. Oftentimes, the idea of doing something is a lot more daunting than the actual task itself.

Once I found myself in a more regular rhythm of revision, I would adopt the Pomodoro technique as a revision style. You can read up more about it here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl. Eventually, I naturally got into the habit of revising regularly.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending