The Student Room Group

Childrens Nursing, April 2024 intake - Wolverhampton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I'm not sure If this will be any help but the reply I had from Oh was the same and the dbs check I also didn't pay anything. You don't have to send or upload your dbs certificate, uni will automatically be notified.

Have you received an email from know your people saying your dbs check has been submitted with a reference number?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Kirby D
Hi I'm not sure If this will be any help but the reply I had from Oh was the same and the dbs check I also didn't pay anything. You don't have to send or upload your dbs certificate, uni will automatically be notified.

Have you received an email from know your people saying your dbs check has been submitted with a reference number?

No I haven’t! What do I do I literally just submitted the questions on that link they sent us and didn’t receive anything anything else. Was I meant to?
Reply 22
Original post by Sahareem04
No I haven’t! What do I do I literally just submitted the questions on that link they sent us and didn’t receive anything anything else. Was I meant to?
I think so, I did but it's my first time applying for a dbs, it maybe different for you as you have done a dbs in the past.

Call this number they should be able to help!
First Advantage - 0115 969 4953.

Try not to worry we have a few weeks yet to get it sorted the deadline is the 1st of April.
Original post by Kirby D
I think so, I did but it's my first time applying for a dbs, it maybe different for you as you have done a dbs in the past.

Call this number they should be able to help!
First Advantage - 0115 969 4953.

Try not to worry we have a few weeks yet to get it sorted the deadline is the 1st of April.

That’s really true too but thank you so much I really appreciate you I’m at work right now so I’ll ring them once and explain everybody once I finish and get it sorted thank you!!
Reply 24
That’s really true too but thank you so much I really appreciate you I’m at work right now so I’ll ring them once and explain everybody once I finish and get it sorted thank you!!
Your welcome 😊!
Original post by Kirby D
Your welcome 😊!

I just rang and the lady said I need to contact the uni and request a new link because there was an error for my address on my previous link when I submitted the questionnaire like what😭😭😭 ugh this is STRESS I can’t even contact the uni now
Reply 26
I just rang and the lady said I need to contact the uni and request a new link because there was an error for my address on my previous link when I submitted the questionnaire like what😭😭😭 ugh this is STRESS I can’t even contact the uni now
Oh no!!!
Ok, did you receive the email about the system being hacked at uni?

Towards the bottom of the email there's a section saying if you have any questions regarding DBS or OH to email (there are two different email addresses). Send an email. Explain what has happened and also that you can't connect uni at the moment.

I've add it, make sure you send it to the DBS email lol 😂
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Kirby D
Oh no!!!
Ok, did you receive the email about the system being hacked at uni?

Towards the bottom of the email there's a section saying if you have any questions regarding DBS or OH to email (there are two different email addresses). Send an email. Explain what has happened and also that you can't connect uni at the moment.

I got it all sorted they replied to an email and I got a new link and I’m going to verify my id at the post office after work today , thanks for your help I appreciate it!!! Also do you know what our timetable looks like or when we will get it?
Reply 28
I got it all sorted they replied to an email and I got a new link and I’m going to verify my id at the post office after work today , thanks for your help I appreciate it!!! Also do you know what our timetable looks like or when we will get it?
No problem. I'm glad to hear it's sorted.

I don't and I have no idea. I would like to know the timetable with it being an a April start. I'm wondering when our breaks will be!
Me too!!!
Original post by Samhshsh
Hi is anyone else having an issue with dbs and oh check? Or is everyone on the same page? Can someone pls reply I am SO stressed I don’t want to risk my place on the course. For the oh check I’ve done my questionnaire and that’s that they just said they got it and they’ll contact me if any health declarations need to be made so is that the same for everyone? Also the dbs check all I’ve done is submit my ID on the link they sent and now when I go back on ny account it says that there are no actions pending for me to do? Has anyone else gotten ahead? I’m really stressed pls help me someone. I can’t even contact the uni because the line are down because it’s hacked apparently and so is evision

I had issues with my DBS, I actually failed the first application because I didn’t put my previous uni addresses in even though they weren’t my permanent addresses but no one notified me that it had been failed until about 3 weeks ago when I called up to see where my certificate was. I had to redo my whole DBS application via a new link the uni sent me but it was done within a week and I have my certificate now. I had to go to the post office the second time but it was a lot smoother than my first application. I hope you have sorted this out now 🙂
I’m starting adult nursing in April 2024 at Walsall campus, I’ve noticed child and adult study the same Modules in year 1 so maybe they’ll do some mixed lectures together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending