The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi! I was just wondering, did anyone put they had extenuating circumstances that May have affected a part of their application? My GCSEs weren’t the best and idk if extenuating circumstances would really be taken into account
i did!! but idk how much they do take into account
Original post by jtxk
Hi everyone, it seems like there haven't been a lot of posts etc for the 2024 round of applications and I saw this was done for last year's cohort. Might be a little late lol but comment ur gcse's, a levels, ecs etc would be nice to see more applicants.

Hiya!! I’m stressed rn because my video still doesn’t have any views 😭 😭. My GCSEs are: 10 9s and 1 8. A levels are: maths, further maths, chem and bio (pred. 4A*s). Extracurricular wise, I think I’m a little weaker (mainly caring for my dad with stage 4 cancer and siblings outside of school) but I also do sports, debating, science tutoring etc…. I would love to get accepted and meet you guys, it’s rlly great to see so many people with the same interests :smile:)). Best of luck to everyone!!
Original post by djjcismfj246
Hiya!! I’m stressed rn because my video still doesn’t have any views 😭 😭. My GCSEs are: 10 9s and 1 8. A levels are: maths, further maths, chem and bio (pred. 4A*s). Extracurricular wise, I think I’m a little weaker (mainly caring for my dad with stage 4 cancer and siblings outside of school) but I also do sports, debating, science tutoring etc…. I would love to get accepted and meet you guys, it’s rlly great to see so many people with the same interests :smile:)). Best of luck to everyone!!
please don’t stress! i know how hard it is and im stressing myself but we can maybe hope that we all get in?? 😭🤍🤞🤞

Thats crazy impressive! What did you put for career interests and how did you demonstrate interest in the us
Original post by crispybutterfly
please don’t stress! i know how hard it is and im stressing myself but we can maybe hope that we all get in?? 😭🤍🤞🤞

Thanks so much, I hope we get in together!!
Reply 25
Thats super impressive lol, I hope we all get in

Thats crazy impressive! What did you put for career interests and how did you demonstrate interest in the us

Thank you!! For career interests, I wrote about becoming a researcher or working within academia after I do a phd (in chemistry hopefully....). For my essays and stuff I just wrote about how much I loved the flexible undergraduate system and the fact that you can major and minor in a lot of subjects. And how I just love the vast geography of America and its culture in general too!
Original post by jtxk
Thats super impressive lol, I hope we all get in

Thank you!! Best of luck!
guys, ANYONE GOT THEIR RESULTS?
Original post by aspiring-chantin
guys, ANYONE GOT THEIR RESULTS?

They’re sending them next week
Reply 30
They’re sending them next week
How did u find out
Original post by jasimwg
How did u find out
someone emailed 🙂 that s what they said in a different discussion
Original post by crispybutterfly
someone emailed 🙂 that s what they said in a different discussion

Yeah that was me. They’re always so fast. Ngl I think I’ve gotten on their nerves😭 ive emailed them like 8 times throughout the past month.
Yeah that was me. They’re always so fast. Ngl I think I’ve gotten on their nerves😭 ive emailed them like 8 times throughout the past month.
Wow omg haha regarding what

really? i sent them a message about when they would release results and they haven’t responded to it. i sent it a few days ago
Original post by Anonymous #4

really? i sent them a message about when they would release results and they haven’t responded to it. i sent it a few days ago

Oh thats weird. Every-time I’ve emailed them they always reply on the day or in a week at most. Ive talked about mundane things tbh like making sure they have my reference, details on the ACT, and making a slight change to my application and stuff

Oh thats weird. Every-time I’ve emailed them they always reply on the day or in a week at most. Ive talked about mundane things tbh like making sure they have my reference, details on the ACT, and making a slight change to my application and stuff

did u send an email or send a message via the website?
Original post by Anonymous #4

did u send an email or send a message via the website?

Email
Any exact date?
Original post by jtxk
Hi everyone, it seems like there haven't been a lot of posts etc for the 2024 round of applications and I saw this was done for last year's cohort. Might be a little late lol but comment ur gcse's, a levels, ecs etc would be nice to see more applicants.
For GCSE’s I did
English Literature 9
Psychology 8
Spanish 8
Maths 7
English language 7
Biology 7
History 7
Chemistry 7
Business 6
Physics 6
(I hated both Physics and business 😭)

I do IB now
Psychology Higher
Biology Higher
Chemistry Higher
Spanish Standard
Maths AI Standard
English Literature Standard

I haven't got a reply yet about my application but I'm praying that I get in as I really really want to study in the US and this might be my only chance 😫

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending