The Student Room Group

Does he like me or s he losing interest?

I've been talking to an introvert guy (Met through a mutual friend) for over 3 weeks and he always initiates conversations. He opened up to me about his family and things he likes. He checks on me at least once a day but for the past 3 days I feel like he's not trying to carry out a conversation with me. We used to text for hours but now, not so much. He said he's suffering from gastritis so i assumed he must not be feeling well. But I feel bad and I'm scared he'll lose interest in me.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've been talking to an introvert guy (Met through a mutual friend) for over 3 weeks and he always initiates conversations. He opened up to me about his family and things he likes. He checks on me at least once a day but for the past 3 days I feel like he's not trying to carry out a conversation with me. We used to text for hours but now, not so much. He said he's suffering from gastritis so i assumed he must not be feeling well. But I feel bad and I'm scared he'll lose interest in me.

The fact that he checks up on you daily speaks for itself. He is probably very unwell and that is why you haven’t heard from him. If you have not heard from him within a week, check if he’s okay.
If you’re concerned that he has lost interest, you can always talk to him one to one (obviously once he has recovered).
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by AmILyingToMyself
The fact that he checks up on you daily speaks for itself. He is probably very unwell and that is why you haven’t heard from him. If you have not heard from him within a week, check if he’s okay.
If you’re concerned that he has lost interest, you can always talk to him one to one (obviously once he has recovered).

Thank you. I needed to hear that. It's just that I've been so unlucky in love in the past I feel scared to notice the slightest change in somone that I like. I've been creating so many senarios in my head about how bad this might go for days. Thank you for your reply
Thank you. I needed to hear that. It's just that I've been so unlucky in love in the past I feel scared to notice the slightest change in somone that I like. I've been creating so many senarios in my head about how bad this might go for days. Thank you for your reply

You’re welcome. It is 100% understandable but don’t let the past get in the way of the present/future. It sounds like you really like him and that he feels the same way.. so unfortunately, you’ll have to wait to see when he replies. This is the only circumstance where I believe that a guy is excused for leaving a girl on delivered - he is unwell. If in a week or two’s time, he recovers and starts acting narcissistic and then leaves you on delivered - then I would speak to him 1-1. Just so you guys are on the same page and he isn’t wasting you time
Just ask directly and find out and don't make conclusions on your own.
He likes you! Coming from a guy, if a guy opens up to a girl about his family, is a huge positive. Also that he checks on you is something a guy will do when he likes someone.
Reply 6

He has already shown interest, it is perhaps your turn to put in some effort too, and reach out to him, and see how it turn out
Reply 7
Original post by NycCrazyRats
He likes you! Coming from a guy, if a guy opens up to a girl about his family, is a huge positive. Also that he checks on you is something a guy will do when he likes someone.

Thank you so much for this. I did reach out to him and checked on him. I think he felt happy. I really want this to work out. He's a great guy.
Reply 8
Original post by SmartguyM
He has already shown interest, it is perhaps your turn to put in some effort too, and reach out to him, and see how it turn out

YesI already did and I think he was happy that I did it 🙂 I will definitely put on the same efforts that he does. I like him and I want to build up a relationship with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending