The Student Room Group

Cambridge Choir

I am wondering whether I should join the Cambridge Choir. I haven't been in choir for a while and I wanted to know if it is a good experience? Is it strict? Do you have to be completely committed? Do you still get lots of free time? Etc. Could anyone with experience let me know how it is??
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am wondering whether I should join the Cambridge Choir. I haven't been in choir for a while and I wanted to know if it is a good experience? Is it strict? Do you have to be completely committed? Do you still get lots of free time? Etc. Could anyone with experience let me know how it is??

Which choir, there are hundreds in Cambridge? Do you mean your College choir?
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Which choir, there are hundreds in Cambridge? Do you mean your College choir?
Yes, the college choir
Yes, the college choir
It depends on the College, but the Chapel choir is generally quite a serious undertaking. Try and find a choir member or their website and it will discuss the commitment. There are also some benefits, free meals etc

Hi,

my friend is in the college chior and he has many hours of rehearsals - it is a big commitment. it is also hard to get into, i know someone who was rejected. the benefits are good - they get to go the formals every week and i think they may get free / discounted brunch on Sundays. it could also be a nice way to meet people. but it is not just a fun and chill extra curricular, it does require commitment.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi,
my friend is in the college chior and he has many hours of rehearsals - it is a big commitment. it is also hard to get into, i know someone who was rejected. the benefits are good - they get to go the formals every week and i think they may get free / discounted brunch on Sundays. it could also be a nice way to meet people. but it is not just a fun and chill extra curricular, it does require commitment.

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending