The Student Room Group

Gcse higher maths help

I am currently resitting my GCSE maths to go from a 5 to a 6 or 7.

Please can I have any tips, revision materials and any other useful information.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Jwannan
I am currently resitting my GCSE maths to go from a 5 to a 6 or 7.

Please can I have any tips, revision materials and any other useful information.

Thank you!

It is important to do lots of practise questions. This will help you find what you need to work on and what you can spend less time revising on. This will also help with your exam skills which will help you to answer the harder questions at the end of the paper.

When doing the exam attempt every question. There are lots of marks available for working and method. Write everything down even if you don't think it is right. Also, make sure to check your answers as you will inevitably make some mistakes.

Which exam board are you using?
Reply 2
Thank you for your response!
I’m doing edexcel
Reply 3
Original post by Jwannan
Thank you for your response!
I’m doing edexcel

I did edexcel for maths and I found mathsgenie to be of help.It has lots of revision resources including videos and work sheets by topic and past papers. I would also make use of any websites and resources that your school uses for example mymaths and mathswatch
Reply 4
I would also recommend doing all of the new spec GCSE past papers (i think its from like 2015). If you dont have time, do the most recent ones. I did my maths GCSE in 2023 and got a grade 9, mostly because i did all the past papers. Make sure once youve done a past paper, go through the questions you lost marks on and revise those topics as they are your weaker areas. Also try and practice every day because maths is all about practice.
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest