The Student Room Group

Going to sports matches alone

Me and my friend have season tickets to the football team we support and go to every home game and a few away games during the season. We always go together and we have tickets for an away game this Saturday, however he has told me he now can't go as he isn't well.

So I am faced with a choice of going alone or not going at all and losing £50. Has anyone ever gone to a game on their own before? I think I'd look a bit of a loner sitting on a coach for a total of 6 hours travelling to and from the game and then not knowing anyone when I get there.
I’ve been on my own before! Just bring something to do on the ride their to make u feel less awkward like a book or something
Reply 2
Bringing something to do on the coach is a great idea! A book sounds perfect, or maybe I could download some podcasts or audiobooks to listen to.
Reply 3
F, and I go to virtually all my league football team's matches on my own, home and away.

Often drive, but otherwise take a book to read on a coach/train journey or watch something on my phone (usually more football!).

You'll be with like-minded people so you can chat about your team with them, even during the game you can make passing comments on the match with the fans around you; once you're there it's 90 minutes of concentrating on the game. I always believe in doing something alone rather than missing out, and with football you never know what might happen...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending