The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Is the university of reading lenient on gcse grades

So I have one choice left on my ucas application I would like to apply a course at Reading the only thing holding me back is my gcse English grade which is c instead of a b but I'm expected to get the equivalent to 128 ucas points on an access to he course which is higher than the entry requirements would I have any chance
They will expect the grade they ask for. Do they ask for a C or a B?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
They ask for a grade b I just wasn't sure if they would be lenient as I achieved the grade in 2017
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Rose_99
So I have one choice left on my ucas application I would like to apply a course at Reading the only thing holding me back is my gcse English grade which is c instead of a b but I'm expected to get the equivalent to 128 ucas points on an access to he course which is higher than the entry requirements would I have any chance

Normally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements and you need to meet these or be automatically rejected, as they are considered the minimum standard to be able to succeed on the course.

If they require a C and you have a C then you've met that requirement and you're fine though :smile:
Original post by Rose_99
They ask for a grade b I just wasn't sure if they would be lenient as I achieved the grade in 2017

I would ring them?
Reply 5
Original post by totallyfine
I would ring them?

Thanks I'll try them on monday
Original post by Rose_99

Usually no universities dont accept lower GCSE required subjects. It is non negotiable. If you want to go there you will need to resit it and get a higher grade otherwise it is likely to be an automatic rejection.
Reply 7
Original post by artful_lounger
Normally GCSE requirements are "hard" requirements and you need to meet these or be automatically rejected, as they are considered the minimum standard to be able to succeed on the course.

If they require a C and you have a C then you've met that requirement and you're fine though :smile:

You've misread the OP - the uni want a grade B
Reply 8
Original post by swanseajack1
Usually no universities dont accept lower GCSE required subjects. It is non negotiable. If you want to go there you will need to resit it and get a higher grade otherwise it is likely to be an automatic rejection.

Oh okay no worries it cost way to much to resit a gcse especially when there's no guarantee of getting in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending