The Student Room Group

SMPCETs, Scottish STP, Clinical Scientist Trainee applicants for 2024

Hello, who else out there is applying for Clinical Scientist trainee positions in Scotland?

Anyone apply to SMPCETs?

Thought it might be nice to keep each other company while waiting for posts and to give updates. Also would love to hear from those on the program. Thank you!

I'll start. I've applied for SMPCET, although I am also interested in cardiac and vascular sciences. My background is biomedical engineering :smile: While I am technically in no rush, I am super keen to find a long term career I enjoy.
Reply 1
Original post by username6542133
Hello, who else out there is applying for Clinical Scientist trainee positions in Scotland?
Anyone apply to SMPCETs?
Thought it might be nice to keep each other company while waiting for posts and to give updates. Also would love to hear from those on the program. Thank you!
I'll start. I've applied for SMPCET, although I am also interested in cardiac and vascular sciences. My background is biomedical engineering :smile: While I am technically in no rush, I am super keen to find a long term career I enjoy.

HEY , I have applied for the SMPCET too.Do you know anything about the KEYDATES in SMPCET 2024
Reply 2
Original post by 14BENJI
HEY , I have applied for the SMPCET too.Do you know anything about the KEYDATES in SMPCET 2024

What do you mean by key dates?

Originally SMPCETS was meant to shortlist first week of April and interviews end of April but it's been delayed to mid-April and mid-May.

I've not heard. Have you? Has anyone?
Reply 3
I haven't heard yet. And it's the mid of April has over tho. I wonder if they only send emails to the shortlisted candidates only.
Do they happen to send any rejection emails too?
Reply 4
My application changed from "application submitted" to "application under review" yesterday.

My guess is they're in the process of shortlisting.
(edited 1 week ago)
Reply 5
Original post by amomelt
My application changed from "application submitted" to "application under review" yesterday.

Mine also got application under review status. But I think it's something common.
Original post by amomelt

Hey, did you get any emails regarding the shortlisting?
Hi, no change here, unless I missed something. I figure for 200 applicants as in previous years, half an hour per application means 100 hours to assess. May be another week?

Have you received an email?

Quick Reply

Latest