The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Cross-disciplinary units

Is it possible to take a unit outside your degree program at bristol uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is it possible to take a unit outside your degree program at bristol uni?

Are you asking whether some programmes include units outside of the discipline as part of the programme?

(What I mean by this is that some programmes, particularly in year 1, allow a unit to be taken from a set of "open units" -- where this unit is assessed and counts as part of your degree -- i.e. you need to pass it to proceed to year 2.)

Or do you mean taking a unit over and above the requirements of the programme -- i.e. a unit which you do just for general interest, and which won't count towards your degree in any way?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
Are you asking whether some programmes include units outside of the discipline as part of the programme?

(What I mean by this is that some programmes, particularly in year 1, allow a unit to be taken from a set of "open units" -- where this unit is assessed and counts as part of your degree -- i.e. you need to pass it to proceed to year 2.)

Or do you mean taking a unit over and above the requirements of the programme -- i.e. a unit which you do just for general interest, and which won't count towards your degree in any way?
Just a unit for general interest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending