The Student Room Group

Does this count as 'disciplinary proceedings'?

Location: UKI had an investigation meeting at a retail job at a fairly large chain for selling alcohol I shouldn't have to a drunk person. (very serious and illegal but didnt end up on my record). I worked there part time for a few months, and I am searching for professional roles as I have graduated.After the investigation meeting, I was told I would have a disciplinary meeting. I resigned before the disciplinary meeting happened and it didn't continue.Now that I am applying to graduate jobs, do I answer yes or no to 'Have you previously been subject to disciplinary proceedings?'I have also left this job off my CV but I am paranoid they will find somehow find out I worked there and what happened - especially as I want to work in the Civil Service.- I answered 'no' in whether ive been subject to a disciplinary meeting because it didnt happen.- Will an employer find out this has happened?- Is there a database someone can see to see I worked in retail or what i did? espeically as i worked in a large chain.- Do I have to answer yes if they ask if i have had an investigation against me?- does it make a difference im applying to civil service roles and I dont mention this job or what happened at all?- after how many years does this become completely irrelevant?*basically can anyone find out?*im completely petrified.
Original post by ummmm12312
Location: UKI had an investigation meeting at a retail job at a fairly large chain for selling alcohol I shouldn't have to a drunk person. (very serious and illegal but didnt end up on my record). I worked there part time for a few months, and I am searching for professional roles as I have graduated.After the investigation meeting, I was told I would have a disciplinary meeting. I resigned before the disciplinary meeting happened and it didn't continue.Now that I am applying to graduate jobs, do I answer yes or no to 'Have you previously been subject to disciplinary proceedings?'I have also left this job off my CV but I am paranoid they will find somehow find out I worked there and what happened - especially as I want to work in the Civil Service.- I answered 'no' in whether ive been subject to a disciplinary meeting because it didnt happen.- Will an employer find out this has happened?- Is there a database someone can see to see I worked in retail or what i did? espeically as i worked in a large chain.- Do I have to answer yes if they ask if i have had an investigation against me?- does it make a difference im applying to civil service roles and I dont mention this job or what happened at all?- after how many years does this become completely irrelevant?*basically can anyone find out?*im completely petrified.

There is no database where they can find out. The only way they will find out is if you put that employer down as a reference and they mentioned it in the reference. Which seeing as you havent even put the job on your CV is unlikely to happen.

How long ago did you work there?
If it was ages ago, then you could not mention it anyway. Especially as the disciplinary proceedings never actually happened due to you leaving. And the fact that you havent put that job on your CV so they arent going to be contacting them or anything.

If the new job simply asks if you have ever been subject to disciplinary proceedings, then you can honestly answer no, because technically you werent anyway due to you leaving before then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending