The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #5
Nothing here, did you email to ask if you’ve been nominated?
I haven't yet! What about you?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #26
Just got full funding - tuition, accommodation and living costs!

Congratulations!!! What scholarship scheme did you receive funding from?
Reply 343
Original post by Spizzle2
Hey! I'm also a DPhil Politics offer holder. Did the department tell you outright that you are not being considered for any funding awards at all? When I asked, they gave me a list of the awards that I wasn't being considered for, but I'm not sure if that list is exhaustive of all the awards that are available.

Hey! It’s the same for me. From what I gathered, it’s not exhaustive but it constitutes for the bulk of the generously funded ones. DM perhaps?
does anyone know how long admissions will be off for easter? Is it just Friday and Monday?
Original post by Anonymous #63
does anyone know how long admissions will be off for easter? Is it just Friday and Monday?

Their website says they're closed today - until 10.00am Tuesday: https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18/~/how-do-i-contact-graduate-admissions
Reply 346
Hi guys
I received my departmental offer on 15 march and just got a college offer from Keble today.
I am an international student so I dont know much about the colleges, can anyone provide insights about Keble in general?
Thanks!
Oh and my course is Msc Mathematical Sciences - for anyone else out here from the math dept!!
Original post by MsVaid
Hi guys
I received my departmental offer on 15 march and just got a college offer from Keble today.
I am an international student so I dont know much about the colleges, can anyone provide insights about Keble in general?
Thanks!
Oh and my course is Msc Mathematical Sciences - for anyone else out here from the math dept!!

I had a great night at Keble formal once, very friendly graduate community, distinctive architecture, good food from what I recall
Hi guys! I just got my DPhil offer last week, but I'm an international student and applied to the research councils for cam, not ox, so funding isn't looking good 😕 Does anyone know the likelihood of international students getting full dphil funding? also, how quickly did you guys get your colleges? I haven't heard anything yet!
Original post by deadly-dissectio
Hey everyone, MSc in Global Governance/Diplomacy here. So delighted to have received an offer last night - any others out there in this program?
Also has anyone heard back from Exeter College regarding placements/funding?

Join this link for GGD offer holders: https://chat.whatsapp.com/J2xvlBKwKuOKlz68F4lXDQ
If you're nominated for Clarendon by your department, how likely are you to get the actual scholarship?
Original post by Anonymous #58
If you're nominated for Clarendon by your department, how likely are you to get the actual scholarship?

I gave up on that after going through the class lists as so few people get it. There are probably many more people nominated for it than there are awards available.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon/scholar-class-lists
Is it a bad sign if I have not gotten my college offer yet? Do you think maybe it is an indication of me potentially getting funding? Any insights to ease my anxiety would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #64
Is it a bad sign if I have not gotten my college offer yet? Do you think maybe it is an indication of me potentially getting funding? Any insights to ease my anxiety would be much appreciated :smile:
How long have you been waiting? Apparently, it can take weeks from the time you received your formal offer to getting a college offer.

This is prob the busiest time rn in terms of college allocation. I wouldn’t say hearing back or not hearing back is indicative of anything re funding. People who hear quickly re college placement are also likely still waiting on funding decisions.
Original post by Anonymous #46
How long have you been waiting? Apparently, it can take weeks from the time you received your formal offer to getting a college offer.

Almost 3 weeks LOL (i know still very soon to be anxious). I just have been reading on here some people got it within days 😁
Almost 3 weeks LOL (i know still very soon to be anxious). I just have been reading on here some people got it within days 😁

I got my college exactly 2 weeks after my offer! I have a friend who waited about 8 weeks last year to get hers! Don't think you need to worry.

I got my college offer a few days after my course offer, it was my top choice and they seemed to release a batch of decisions on that day. A few days later, I got a scholarship offer based at a different college. If the college allocation process was lined up with the funding one then surely the first college wouldn't have offered me a place, asked me for confirmation of acceptance etc. if all that paperwork on both our ends was going to be in vain? I don't think they're related.
Okay thanks guys for your help. Feel alot better. Too bad it is not all synced up lol. Oh well
Original post by Anonymous #51
I got my college offer a few days after my course offer, it was my top choice and they seemed to release a batch of decisions on that day. A few days later, I got a scholarship offer based at a different college. If the college allocation process was lined up with the funding one then surely the first college wouldn't have offered me a place, asked me for confirmation of acceptance etc. if all that paperwork on both our ends was going to be in vain? I don't think they're related.

Can I ask what funding offer you received?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending