The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheriza Ali
Where are you guys at with college placements? No offer yet? Anyone heard back from Trinity or Merton by chance? I haven’t gotten a college offer as yet but I only got accepted 6 days ago, so lol.
I got notified that I will not have a place at Trinity (which is sort of good because I didn't consider its lack of funding options when I picked it and I really could use some funding) two weeks ago. No news from a new college yet though!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #1
Offer holder for DPhil in Computer Science. No news on funding yet! Thanks for creating this thread!! Any idea when do we hear about funding?

Congrats! Welcome to the computer science department!
CS DPhil offer holder here as well, I got waitlisted for funding and was told decisions can take up till June to finalise. Since we must respond to the offer by mid-March, I assume I should just click the accept button and write to the admissions office for withdrawal if I don't manage to get off the waitlist?
Original post by tdzelilovic
I got notified that I will not have a place at Trinity (which is sort of good because I didn't consider its lack of funding options when I picked it and I really could use some funding) two weeks ago. No news from a new college yet though!
What department?! Master's or DPhil?
Original post by sandwichman2
CS DPhil offer holder here as well, I got waitlisted for funding and was told decisions can take up till June to finalise. Since we must respond to the offer by mid-March, I assume I should just click the accept button and write to the admissions office for withdrawal if I don't manage to get off the waitlist?
Yeah, you should accept. If you can't meet their financial conditions later then you can withdraw your acceptance of offer later on.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous #1
I received it last week. Are you an international student as well?
Yes, I am an international student, but I sent the mail to the admission team last Monday, and they told me that they will send the decision mail within the next few weeks, when did you have your interview? Mine was on 29th January, and still waiting for the decision.
Where are you guys at with college placements? No offer yet? Anyone heard back from Trinity or Merton by chance? I haven’t gotten a college offer as yet but I only got accepted 6 days ago, so lol.
I received DPhil Biology offer mid Jan, got rejected by Magdalen, and haven't heard about another college or funding yet
What department?! Master's or DPhil?
Oncology Department, MSc. And you?
Hi I have been accepted into the DPhil in WRH (acceptance 13th feb). I applied for hertford; but havent heard back. Curious if anyone else has ?
Thank you very much! 😊
Congratulations everyone! Any BCM offer holders?
I got my DPhil offer from the faculty of classics in early February and my college offer about 2 weeks later. I haven’t seen anyone else from classics on here and didn’t know being contacted about funding nominations were even a thing until recently, if anyone has any updates I’d love to know!
Anyone here for maths DPhil? I’m a UK student and got an offer on 23rd February but no news on funding. I have seen on Gradcafe someone has received funding a couple of days ago however so wanted to see if many others have.
Original post by Anonymous #6
Anyone here for maths DPhil? I’m a UK student and got an offer on 23rd February but no news on funding. I have seen on Gradcafe someone has received funding a couple of days ago however so wanted to see if many others have.
I know of one UK maths DPhil student who got funding about the same time as the guy on gradcafe.
Just received an offer from Balliol! I had gotten my offer of place in Dec. so it took about 10 weeks.
DPhil history here
Just got a college offer from Wolfson college - about a week and a half after my uni acceptance. No word about funding yet, I think I might email just to check I'm still being considered and how long it may take
Original post by Anonymous #2
Just got a college offer from Wolfson college - about a week and a half after my uni acceptance. No word about funding yet, I think I might email just to check I'm still being considered and how long it may take

Hey I got an offer from Wolfson as well nice to meet you! Can you please share their answer if you decide to send them an email about funding? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #10
Hey I got an offer from Wolfson as well nice to meet you! Can you please share their answer if you decide to send them an email about funding? :smile:
Hey, nice to meet you too! I've just contacted the student funding admin team generally, as in the event I am offered funding I doubt it will be from Wolfson, since they don't seem to have many scholarships I would be eligible for (English Masters student). They will probably just come back with a generic response about how it will take another few weeks at least, but honestly I'm getting pretty antsy at this point! It took so long to hear about the outcome of my application and I just want to be put out of my misery either way haha
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey, nice to meet you too! I've just contacted the student funding admin team generally, as in the event I am offered funding I doubt it will be from Wolfson, since they don't seem to have many scholarships I would be eligible for (English Masters student). They will probably just come back with a generic response about how it will take another few weeks at least, but honestly I'm getting pretty antsy at this point! It took so long to hear about the outcome of my application and I just want to be put out of my misery either way haha

This whole (for me it’s Dphil) application process is truly very cruel process :frown: realised that endless waiting can be really tired lol anyway thanks for emailing them!! 🙏 wish both of us can get funding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending