The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders 2024

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone been declined a place for their first choice college//pooled? I was offered funding but no word from any college for about 5 weeks now
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #15
Has anyone been declined a place for their first choice college//pooled? I was offered funding but no word from any college for about 5 weeks now
What kind of funding were you offered, if I may ask?
Original post by Anonymous #16
What kind of funding were you offered, if I may ask?
Sure! I received a departmental studentship offer (NDCN), about a week after my offer of a place (accepted both at start of Feb)
Reply 63
Original post by farmerbee88
Got an offer for English DPhil a week ago, offer from Queen's came through two days later! No word on funding - I asked the admissions team but they just directed me to the general timeline, which states applicants will hear back between Feb - June. However, I have seen some other humanities DPhil offer holders informed that they were put forward for funding. Has anyone heard about nominations for OOC/AHRC or Clarendon? Or know when applicants normally hear back for these scholarships? Thanks!!
Congrats! Was Queen's your first choice? I am still waiting on info regarding scholarships too for DPhil Modern Languages, have reached out to my department about it but no word yet.
Original post by annaszh
Congrats! Was Queen's your first choice? I am still waiting on info regarding scholarships too for DPhil Modern Languages, have reached out to my department about it but no word yet.
Thank you!! and congrats to you too! Yes - Queen's was my first choice :biggrin: have you been assigned college yet? And would you mind sharing the email your department send back? I'm desperate to know a rough timeline for these funding schemes... I can't do the DPhil without it :')
Reply 65
Thank you!! and congrats to you too! Yes - Queen's was my first choice :biggrin: have you been assigned college yet? And would you mind sharing the email your department send back? I'm desperate to know a rough timeline for these funding schemes... I can't do the DPhil without it :')
Amazing! And yes, Queen's too! If you want I can DM you? I am in the same boat, totally relying on funding.
Original post by annaszh
Amazing! And yes, Queen's too! If you want I can DM you? I am in the same boat, totally relying on funding.
Yes that would be lovely!! i can also whatsapp if easier :smile:
Original post by annaszh
I'm in the same situation! MPhil applicant instead of DPhil, and I've been offered a place in my first choice college. But yeah, totally reliant on a funding offer within the next 6 weeks or so in order to attend.
Reply 68
Original post by Sheriza Ali
I'm in the same situation! MPhil applicant instead of DPhil, and I've been offered a place in my first choice college. But yeah, totally reliant on a funding offer within the next 6 weeks or so in order to attend.
Congratulations for getting this far! You said Trinity, right? It's a beautiful college :smile: Fingers crossed for us both
Original post by annaszh
Congratulations for getting this far! You said Trinity, right? It's a beautiful college :smile: Fingers crossed for us both
Yeah, Trinity. I'm currently on the waitlist for the Ertegun Scholarship... if someone declines their offer then I can get funding through there. Sigh. I highly doubt that will happen, but I talked to my DGS and she said it actually happens every single year? So yeah, a waiting game.
Reply 70
Original post by Sheriza Ali
Yeah, Trinity. I'm currently on the waitlist for the Ertegun Scholarship... if someone declines their offer then I can get funding through there. Sigh. I highly doubt that will happen, but I talked to my DGS and she said it actually happens every single year? So yeah, a waiting game.
That's great! I hope you get some good news soon, and congratulations for being waitlisted. It is super competitive!
Original post by Anonymous #15
Yes I was and no word on a different college yet. Congrats on the funding! What course are you doing?
I just got a college offer from Magdalen. It came one week after my university offer, if that's helpful for anyone to know!
Original post by Anonymous #17
I just got a college offer from Magdalen. It came one week after my university offer, if that's helpful for anyone to know!
Congrats! How is your funding?
Original post by Anonymous #16
Congrats! How is your funding?
I applied with external funding, so I have funding but its not college associated.
Anyone also accepted into DPhil Biochemistry?
Got an offer for English DPhil a week ago, offer from Queen's came through two days later! No word on funding - I asked the admissions team but they just directed me to the general timeline, which states applicants will hear back between Feb - June. However, I have seen some other humanities DPhil offer holders informed that they were put forward for funding. Has anyone heard about nominations for OOC/AHRC or Clarendon? Or know when applicants normally hear back for these scholarships? Thanks!!
I was notified on February 23rd that I was nominated for OOC AHRC funding, currently waiting for the result of the Studentship Selection Panel. Oddly enough I don’t yet have a confirmed offer for the program itself (Law DPhil).
Original post by Anonymous #17
I applied with external funding, so I have funding but its not college associated.

Do u mind sharing I’m really struggling with funding
Original post by Anonymous #3
I received DPhil Biology offer mid Jan, got rejected by Magdalen, and haven't heard about another college or funding yet
I applied to Magdalene too. I got rejected and then offered a place at Kellogg. I got an offer for MSc Global Health Science and Epidemiology. Quite a competitive program. I was recently interviewed by the Africa Oxford Mastercard Scholarship. Hoping to hear good news next week.
Hi. Congratulations on your offer and interview. I also interviewed for an AfOx scholarship. Please, did they say they’d be sending out decisions next week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending