The Student Room Group

English Language paper 1. (AQA)

Does anyone have any tips on how to increase your mark on questions 2 and 3? When we did them as a prep to our mocks I got 4 marks on question 2 and 3 on question 3 and ideally I need to be trying to achieve 7-8 marks on both of these questions to get the grade I need by the end of year 11, and I need to figure it out before I sit my mocks in a few weeks
Reply 1
Original post by Rxwan_cl
Does anyone have any tips on how to increase your mark on questions 2 and 3? When we did them as a prep to our mocks I got 4 marks on question 2 and 3 on question 3 and ideally I need to be trying to achieve 7-8 marks on both of these questions to get the grade I need by the end of year 11, and I need to figure it out before I sit my mocks in a few weeks

I would do a topic sentence and have atleast 3 explanations for the quote that backs up the sentence for question 2.

For q3 I would pick 4 points throughout the extract to talk about. Do it order to make life easier. Then pick out the structural features in each of your 4 points. E.g In the opening (point 1) it is in first person and the use of the conjuction BUT emphaises change in focus, not only in the character but also us readers etc.

If you do 3 solid paragraphs you can get decent marks if short on time. Otherwise aim for 4.

Wish you the best xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending