The Student Room Group

I might not get into uni

I got CDE (RE, Politics, History) in my y13 mocks. I need at least BCC to get into my insurance choice for uni. I was predicted higher grades than I’m actually getting, so I picked my insurance based on that but now I’m regretting it. I’m really scared that I’m not going to get into university.
Reply 1
Original post by Dave885
I got CDE (RE, Politics, History) in my y13 mocks. I need at least BCC to get into my insurance choice for uni. I was predicted higher grades than I’m actually getting, so I picked my insurance based on that but now I’m regretting it. I’m really scared that I’m not going to get into university.
Keep working hard and try to improve. The point of mocks is to see where you are at, you still have time to improve. Worse case scenario, you go into clearing. You will get into a uni I'm sure, just gotta work hard to get in the ones you want.
Original post by Dave885
It is not unusual for schools to over predict. 75% of students dont reach their predicted grades. Keep working hard and try to get your grades up. It is normal for universities to accept students with slightly lower grades.

If you do get rejected then you can use clearing or take a gap year. The key is getting your grades up. The higher the grades the more and better options you will have. Achieving BCD would get you into decent universities so keep working to get up a grade,
Now is the time to put in the work. Both with revision and exam technique. Make sure you get all the mock feedback you can to build on your results. Its all to play for right now. As above, if you don't get onto your courses then you can try through Clearing or take a gap year.
Just keep focussed on what you can change and what it is you want to do.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Dave885
im doing history and politics too, what topics/exam boards are you doing?
You still have time to revise, use it to the best of your abilities. Some schools tend to make Y13 mocks really difficult so that students get serious about their revision. Mocks are just a base, they tell you where you stand now which means you will most likely get these grades if you continue what you are doing and get better grades if you work harder.
Original post by Dave885
mocks are a perfect way for you to pinpoint which areas of a topic you need to focus on & spend more time understanding. and yes schools make y13 mocks hard so that you are scared into revising rigorously for the real thing! your real exams will be spaced out over a longer time frame too so you will have so much more time to revise and grasp the content. no need to worry, you have 3-4 months to ask teachers questions and get specific feedback.

I also do history and tend to score well in essays so even if we aren't learning the same time periods I would be more than happy to share a couple of my essays to show the structure/ how to write an A* conclusion/ how i make revision resources.

uve got this!
Reply 7
Original post by isabellag0093
mocks are a perfect way for you to pinpoint which areas of a topic you need to focus on & spend more time understanding. and yes schools make y13 mocks hard so that you are scared into revising rigorously for the real thing! your real exams will be spaced out over a longer time frame too so you will have so much more time to revise and grasp the content. no need to worry, you have 3-4 months to ask teachers questions and get specific feedback.

I also do history and tend to score well in essays so even if we aren't learning the same time periods I would be more than happy to share a couple of my essays to show the structure/ how to write an A* conclusion/ how i make revision resources.

uve got this!
Sharing examples would be so helpful. Is that something that can be done on here or would you need to email?
Original post by Dave885
Hey @Dave885 ,
Firstly, I'd like to say that mocks are always harder as you're less prepared and unaware of how much you actually know. I personally tanked my mocks, and that acted as a wake up call, which made me push myself way more than I would have if I would've gotten better grades in my mocks.

Also, my final grades were slightly lower than my predicted, yet I still got in. Universities are aware that predicted grades are just an indication so getting slightly lower grades is usually not a deal breaker.

Now is the time to focus and work hard without worrying about the results, you got this!

Cheers,
-Addy(Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending