The Student Room Group

Grade 9 help!!

I’m in year 11 and have done so many sets of mocks and in my best subjects: English and history, have never got a 9, no matter how hard I’ve been trying 😅 I’ve been consistently getting 7s and 8s but I was wondering if there was anything extra that I could do to get a 9?!
Hi, I got 9s in english lit and lang aqa. youtube teachers saved me I watched Mr Salles' videos and practiced a lot to improve exam technique. you should analyse your essays and find where you could add things in or rephrase and things like that. I got a 9 in history too (OCR) but I did my GCSEs in 2022 so it was split into 4 papers and my teacher literally predicted the questions and they actually came up so got pretty lucky with that. I used to make mindmaps from knowledge organisers we were given where for a subtopic I would split the page into 4 boxes and summarise all the key details onto there and then memorise it. Maybe you could do the same but on a word document to save time and just keep going over it for as long as you can. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by crazy_diamond
Hi, I got 9s in english lit and lang aqa. youtube teachers saved me I watched Mr Salles' videos and practiced a lot to improve exam technique. you should analyse your essays and find where you could add things in or rephrase and things like that. I got a 9 in history too (OCR) but I did my GCSEs in 2022 so it was split into 4 papers and my teacher literally predicted the questions and they actually came up so got pretty lucky with that. I used to make mindmaps from knowledge organisers we were given where for a subtopic I would split the page into 4 boxes and summarise all the key details onto there and then memorise it. Maybe you could do the same but on a word document to save time and just keep going over it for as long as you can. hope this helps :smile:

Great! I’ll try this, thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest