The Student Room Group

Will I get into LAES (London Academy of Excellence) with my predicted grades?

Mathematics 9
Physics 9
Biology 9
Chem 9
Computer Science 9
French 9
Geography 8
Fine Art 7
Eng Literature 7
Eng Language 7

Grade Average: 8.3
Original post by Kichen35
Mathematics 9
Physics 9
Biology 9
Chem 9
Computer Science 9
French 9
Geography 8
Fine Art 7
Eng Literature 7
Eng Language 7

Grade Average: 8.3

Most likely yes. I was planning to but because of anxiety and depression around my mocks, I couldn't get those grades. However, I go to a perfect 6th form in Chingford. Not the best but it works and I love it. My advice is, if you get in, you get in, and if you don't, don't fret. It will all be ok, and with those grades, you can go ANYWHERE else!

If you need any more advice, you can deffo PM me!
Reply 2
Original post by Rainbow_Lexx
Most likely yes. I was planning to but because of anxiety and depression around my mocks, I couldn't get those grades. However, I go to a perfect 6th form in Chingford. Not the best but it works and I love it. My advice is, if you get in, you get in, and if you don't, don't fret. It will all be ok, and with those grades, you can go ANYWHERE else!

If you need any more advice, you can deffo PM me!

Thank you! Hope you're all well now. LAE Tottenham's my first choice. I really hope I get in. Is there anything other than grades that these guys assess? Anything I could do to increase my chances of getting in?
Original post by Kichen35
Thank you! Hope you're all well now. LAE Tottenham's my first choice. I really hope I get in. Is there anything other than grades that these guys assess? Anything I could do to increase my chances of getting in?

No problem! All is good now thanks but tbh, I didn't apply because I missed all the deadlines due to what was happening and I just didn't look into it properly, so I'll leave that question for someone else to answer. If there is an interview though, make it about yourself, your achievements, extracurriculars like volunteering, or even just something you've watched/read that made you find out something related to the subject you want to take. Show them you're a star!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Rainbow_Lexx
No problem! All is good now thanks but tbh, I didn't apply because I missed all the deadlines due to what was happening and I just didn't look into it properly, so I'll leave that question for someone else to answer.

Alright thanks for all the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending