The Student Room Group

Open Uni Student Finance Query - dropped out twice

Good Afternoon,

I have a query regarding what student finance I would be eligible for.

I completed 6 months of study at university back in 2018, and dropped out. I then went back to study a different course in 2020, and dropped out after 18 months.

I'd like to use the credits I gained from my previous courses towards completing a degree with the Open University, but am not in a position to fund this myself, so would be looking at applying for student finance.

I understand that finance is calculated as length of course + one year - previous study, but I'm unsure whether the previous 'part years' each count as a whole year, as I had to pay back some of my loan at the time of dropping out of my first course.

If I am correct in thinking that I would only be eligible for one year of finance, how would I go about financing the rest of the course?

Thanks,

Hannah
Original post by HannahB15xx
Good Afternoon,

I have a query regarding what student finance I would be eligible for.

I completed 6 months of study at university back in 2018, and dropped out. I then went back to study a different course in 2020, and dropped out after 18 months.

I'd like to use the credits I gained from my previous courses towards completing a degree with the Open University, but am not in a position to fund this myself, so would be looking at applying for student finance.

I understand that finance is calculated as length of course + one year - previous study, but I'm unsure whether the previous 'part years' each count as a whole year, as I had to pay back some of my loan at the time of dropping out of my first course.

If I am correct in thinking that I would only be eligible for one year of finance, how would I go about financing the rest of the course?

Thanks,

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

Part time courses (inc Open University courses) are treated differently with regards to previous study. Have you gained a qualification at all since leaving further education? And where would you be looking to study the new course? Is it still at OU? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending