The Student Room Group

Clarendon Scholarship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yo-yo Oxford
Any nominated or received Clarendon msc evidence based health
Nope haven’t heard from anyone doing the course who has received the offer
Original post by shsheen
I emailed my department and was told I wasn't selected for Clarendon :frown: Immensely disappointed now. I'm not sure if there's going to be any funding for me...
Hi, honestly don't worry too much, the Clarendon is just one of many opportunities for funding. You can still get AHRC funding, or college funding, both of which have nothing to do with the Clarendon. Have faith! Crossing my fingers for you
Reply 22
Anyone here from the OMMS course?
Just received my offer on Friday(15th March) - 8 weeks from the Jan 19 deadline.
No news of college placement and funding yet but just wanted to know if anyone from the Math dept has received information regarding funding
Original post by John Vidal
Hi all, got a Clarendon on the 5th, the day after my offer (history)! No word from college yet
congrats!! may I ask if this was a partnership award? I think you are the only humanities offer holder to have heard back on funding!
Original post by farmerbee88
congrats!! may I ask if this was a partnership award? I think you are the only humanities offer holder to have heard back on funding!
Hi, sorry I don't know what a partnership award is but I don't think so. Just a standard Clarendon award. Good luck everyone!
Has anyone from social science division heard about Clarendon or ESRC?
Original post by John Vidal
Hi all, got a Clarendon on the 5th, the day after my offer (history)! No word from college yet

Congratulations! Did the history department inform you that you were nominated? Or did you only hear from Clarendon?
Original post by jhjbhjbh
Congratulations! Did the history department inform you that you were nominated? Or did you only hear from Clarendon?

The Clarendon told me! I asked potential supervisor beforehand if I was nominated, and they said they had no idea (so no, I was not informed I had been nominated at all before).
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 28
Hi, I received my DPhil offer today. I'm wondering if it's worth emailing the department to inquire if I have been nominated for the Clarendon Scholarship, or if I should wait..
Original post by Jnct
Hi, I received my DPhil offer today. I'm wondering if it's worth emailing the department to inquire if I have been nominated for the Clarendon Scholarship, or if I should wait..

I contacted my Department (Geography) and they let me know all the nominations have been made and I wasn't selected. So go for it if you're concerned
Reply 30
Original post by Alyssa99
I contacted my Department (Geography) and they let me know all the nominations have been made and I wasn't selected. So go for it if you're concerned
Hi, may I know which email you contacted? Was it "[email protected]"? I have emailed them twice but have never received a reply.
Reply 31
since certain departments are still giving out offer letters ( as part of their december/january deadline), would it be safe to guess that there is still a higher possibility that not all clarendon offers are out? as far as i know, clarendon scholarships are awarded after the student has received an offer of admission.

can someone please clarify this query? the head of my department is on a vacation so i cant ask there.
Does anyone know if the Clarendon awards for mst students have been sent?
Original post by Jnct
since certain departments are still giving out offer letters ( as part of their december/january deadline), would it be safe to guess that there is still a higher possibility that not all clarendon offers are out? as far as i know, clarendon scholarships are awarded after the student has received an offer of admission.
can someone please clarify this query? the head of my department is on a vacation so i cant ask there.

To my knowledge departmental nominations should be finalised a while ago, and probably the same for the shortlist of each division. Now it just takes time for the scholarship admin to match and notify awardees. I received a DPhil offer from a social science division subject, and I was told informally by my supervisor that i was nominated by the department for Clarendon before I received an offer in late February, but I heard nothing back since then. I guess social science is the latest, and i only knew a DPhil Education offer holder has received Clarendon. I suppose more to come next week...
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by eqwaitual
To my knowledge departmental nominations should be finalised a while ago, and probably the same for the shortlist of each division. Now it just takes time for the scholarship admin to match and notify awardees. I received a DPhil offer from a social science division subject, and I was told informally by my supervisor that i was nominated by the department for Clarendon before I received an offer in late February, but I heard nothing back since then. I guess social science is the latest, and i only knew a DPhil Education offer holder has received Clarendon. I suppose more to come next week...

can I ask which department you applied?
Reply 35
When asking if you have been nominated by your department for Clarendon (or any other scholarship), are you guys emailing the department or the general admissions officer of that particular subject?
Reply 36
Original post by eqwaitual

i also am from the social sciences division. Which subject are you studying?
I applied by the january deadline, and only just got me offer last week ( i was told by my department that they have been a tad bit slow this year with sending out offer letters). that is why i am confused if clarendon is working division wise or subject wise.....
Reply 37
Waiting
Reply 38
Hi everyone—Yesterday, I met with a dean at my college (Columbia University) to discuss grad school options and was informed that someone in my college was awarded the Clarendon. Sadly, I wasn't. Given that the Clarendon team has already notified people, I assume it's a no-go for me. 😕 Good luck to those still in the run! 🍀🤞
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 39
Hello everyone - My supervisor told me two weeks ago that I have been selected for the Clarendon Scholarship, but I have not received the official documents yet. Do I need to continue to inquire with the department or wait? I am very anxious now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending