The Student Room Group

John Locke Essay Competition 2023 - Formal Invitation

Did anyone receive an email from John Locke containing a formal invitation to the gala and the conference??

On the website, it says they would be issued on or before Aug. 15th, which already passed, so I guess that means my essay wasn't selected for a commendation/prize... :frown:
Any scams happening in U.K in recent months? Maybe the staff in Oxford just stopped working
Original post by 原神启动
Any scams happening in U.K in recent months? Maybe the staff in Oxford just stopped working

Strikes....Sorry I typed it wrong
Original post by 原神启动

loll
Reply 4
Original post by euphorialm
Did anyone receive an email from John Locke containing a formal invitation to the gala and the conference??

On the website, it says they would be issued on or before Aug. 15th, which already passed, so I guess that means my essay wasn't selected for a commendation/prize... :frown:

I'm not sure. Is this what it means? I haven't recieved am email yet either
The shortlist emails were sent out on the 2nd of August way before the date on the website, and the ceremony and gala invitations were sent out today. :smile:
Reply 6
Did they address everyone as a finalist?
Original post by Kbysk
Did they address everyone as a finalist?

I think so :smile:
Original post by euphorialm

i got it but i dont think i got a commendation, i know someone who said their essay has been shortlisted for a high com but that doesnt make sense does it got prizes cant be announced so soon right?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
i got it but i dont think i got a commendation, i know someone who said their essay has been shortlisted for a high com but that doesnt make sense does it got prizes cant be announced so soon right?

All shortlisted contestants will receive at least a commendation.

Did they address you as a finalist in the email?
do i have any chance to buy a ticket for conference now?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Youngsoyoung
do i have any chance to buy a ticket for conference now?

same unfortunately only seen the email now :frown: if anyone is hoping to sell theirs please let me know
Original post by Kbysk
All shortlisted contestants will receive at least a commendation.

Did they address you as a finalist in the email?

yes they did
Reply 13
Hi,

So, my niece was shortlisted and never received the formal invite. I’ve called, sent emails to the “global.essay.prize . . .” email address, blah, blah, blah. And of course no one has replied or returned calls. If anyone could forward me the invitation, I’d be really grateful.

(MOD EDIT - EMAIL REMOVED)

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending