The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

What is the Kingston offer holder day and when is it?

For those of you who were accepted to Kingston (congratulations!), you might have been invited to an offer day. Offer holder days are super helpful! They provide you with the opportunity to meet people on your course, remind you of the university if you have visited before and to help you make your decision on what university to choose. This is also a great time to visit the uni if you missed any of our open days.

So what is an offer holder day and how will it benefit me?

The aim of the offer holder day is basically to give you a day in the life as a Kingston Student! It’s an exciting chance to network with some of your future course mates (seeing familiar faces when you start uni is a huge advantage) and to meet your future lecturers and teachers. Along with this you’ll get to see what lessons might be like with taster sessions which will give you a little bit of an insight into all of the facilities here at Kingston with a detailed tour!

Not only is it a chance to work out if Kingston is the right for you but it’s also the chance to gain a bit of familiarity and really excite you about uni which can help any nerves you have!

From my own personal experience, the Kingston open day is what made me decide to be a student here- so I would really recommend it!! This day made me change my mind from not even wanting to go to university to being super excited about the new town I will be living in and the new friends I will have.

It is important to note that offer holder day are invite only and differ to open days as they offer a much deeper insight into your course.

Are you planning to come to the offer day and are you excited?

-Yasmin (Kingston rep)
Original post by Kingston Reps
For those of you who were accepted to Kingston (congratulations!), you might have been invited to an offer day. Offer holder days are super helpful! They provide you with the opportunity to meet people on your course, remind you of the university if you have visited before and to help you make your decision on what university to choose. This is also a great time to visit the uni if you missed any of our open days.

So what is an offer holder day and how will it benefit me?

The aim of the offer holder day is basically to give you a day in the life as a Kingston Student! It’s an exciting chance to network with some of your future course mates (seeing familiar faces when you start uni is a huge advantage) and to meet your future lecturers and teachers. Along with this you’ll get to see what lessons might be like with taster sessions which will give you a little bit of an insight into all of the facilities here at Kingston with a detailed tour!

Not only is it a chance to work out if Kingston is the right for you but it’s also the chance to gain a bit of familiarity and really excite you about uni which can help any nerves you have!

From my own personal experience, the Kingston open day is what made me decide to be a student here- so I would really recommend it!! This day made me change my mind from not even wanting to go to university to being super excited about the new town I will be living in and the new friends I will have.

It is important to note that offer holder day are invite only and differ to open days as they offer a much deeper insight into your course.

Are you planning to come to the offer day and are you excited?

-Yasmin (Kingston rep)
Hi,
I’m looking at coming to an applicant day next Saturday; I’ve been emailed to say more details will be released soon. I live a while away from Kingston and will need to book trains accordingly, I’m just wondering if you know where I could find the schedule to do so sooner, or if I’ll have to wait? Another factor is cost, I know some unis have travel reimbursement for students who meet certain criteria, do you know if this is available at Kingston? Thank you! 🙂
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Eliisbored
Hi,
I’m looking at coming to an applicant day next Saturday; I’ve been emailed to say more details will be released soon. I live a while away from Kingston and will need to book trains accordingly, I’m just wondering if you know where I could find the schedule to do so sooner, or if I’ll have to wait? Another factor is cost, I know some unis have travel reimbursement for students who meet certain criteria, do you know if this is available at Kingston? Thank you! 🙂
Hey @Eliisbored,

I would recommend following up on the email if you haven't heard anything since. How the day normally works is that tours run constantly throughout the day, there are numerous welcome talks and then scheduled sessions for your course.

There is lots to do in Kingston so I would say to get here in the morning and you can then see the schedule of the day and plan around this. If you would like to know in advance, I would email in and let the team know what course you are on so they can let you know nay information, while also asking about the travel reimbursement as I haven't heard of this before but it is definitely worth asking.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you next Saturday!!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending