The Student Room Group

The Pursuit of Greater Knowledge

SATURDAY 02/03/24

GREETINGS MY FRIENDS,

I am a GCSE student and one that is STRUGGLING as I embark on the sisyphean task of aiming for top grades whilst not having the skillset to do so (tis the life I guess).

Humanities subjects are, for lack of a better word, my *****, but stem? Not so much!!

SUBJECTS and what my ORACLES are on the grades:

Maths: 6
English Lit: 8
English Lang: 8
Chemistry: 6
Physics: 6
Biology: 6
French: 7
Business: 6
History: 8
Art: 8
RE: 8

(I am also starting this blog thingy as a form of procrastination instead of actually revising for the upcoming maths mock -- eep! But surely this is for the greater good!)

So everyone, here is your daily dose of SCHADENFREUDE as you watch me suffer for some numbers on a piece of paper! Now I arm myself with hoards caffeine and an arsenal of stationary for the perilous journey ahead.

60 something days til the dreaded GCSE'S arrive as they slowly march towards me, much like Birnham Wood. Pray that I do survive this.
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wowzapollowza
GREETINGS MY FRIENDS,

I am a GCSE student and one that is STRUGGLING as I embark on the sisyphean task of aiming for top grades whilst not having the skillset to do so (tis the life I guess).

Humanities subjects are, for lack of a better word, my *****, but stem? Not so much!!

SUBJECTS and what my ORACLES on the grades:

(I am also starting this blog thingy as a form of procrastination instead of actually revising for the upcoming maths mock -- eep! But surely this is for the greater good!)

So everyone, here is your daily dose of SCHADENFREUDE as you watch me suffer for some numbers on a piece of paper! Now I arm myself with hoards caffeine and an arsenal of stationary for the perilous journey ahead.

83 days til the dreaded GCSE'S arrive as they slowly march towards me, much like Birnham Wood. Pray that I do survive this.
hey!! goodluck with your gcses coming up and have fun (if you can lmao) w your studiess
SAT 02/03/24

WELCOME READERS

I have core mocks next week (Monday) which involve only Maths and English. I won't have to do any others since I got 5s and above in my last mocks, yet ideally, I would like to boost those grades up to a 7. However there are more pressing matters at hand, such as actually passing the maths papers with an acceptable grade.

Anyways, I SORT OF MAYBE ACCIDENTALLY DIDN'T DO ANY REVISION TODAY (Did like an hour on surds but I could do better tbh) but I need to cram since I'm doing higher papers for everything.

Though, to be fair, I did have school today. Yes I have to go into school for three hours each day which is a cruel and unusual punishment, but any who...

I completed two 30 marker English essays on Macbeth and handed them into my teacher (who is literally the best lady ever) and she marked my first one 29/30!! The other one was during her break time so she didn't really go through the work of marking it all (and who can blame her!) but I am very solidly in 9s which makes me extremely happy.

In art, I did a study page on into the spider-verse and the anatomy is anatomying icl!! I can't wait to colour it in, will be so fun! I'm up to date on coursework but I have to redo my year 11 mock cuz whilst it was technically good, the symoblism wasn't there and I wasn't satisfied with it (I only have to do another A4 painting to complete my triptych and it's all good cuz I can bang it out in under two hours)

Bio was dead (irnonic as it's the study of living things lol) but overall, I was fine.

Will try to get more maths revision underway!
(edited 1 month ago)
ASPIRATIONS

A LEVELS I WANT TO DO:
Law
Politics
English Lit
(So not only am I going to be an absolute waffler, I'm going to be a waffler who can argue. I'll come out the other side of high school AT LEAST 10x more insufferable.

GOALS:
short term
7-9s in all GCSES

long term
Get into 6th form
Be tutor representative in Yr 12
Get on the Principals Council in Yr 13
Get into Cambridge (or any other uni within Cambridge)
Study anatomy with Doctors and learn to sculpt
Join a debate club
Do the schools literature Podcast in Yr 12
Start playing basketball
Work in a charity over Summer
Get another job over Summer
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 5
GREETINGS MY FRIENDS,

SUBJECTS and what my ORACLES on the grades:

83 days til the dreaded GCSE'S arrive as they slowly march towards me, much like Birnham Wood. Pray that I do survive this.
OMG HEYY YOU MADE YOUR GYG 🥰 quick question, how's gcses in 83 days for you??? mine's in 69 days... or have i carried out some incorrect calculations 💀 gosh i'm loving your way of words, so beautiful and eloquent 🤞 looking forward to embarking on your journey with you, and if this blog is your form of procrastination, then i'll force you to get back on track for your academic comeback 💪

just tagging users who'll defo support your journey asw 🤍🤍 @study23! @kayleigh_t.27 @halfharry (the speech style is twinning) @emm4nuella @aalimk @wkstudy @AspiringSurvivor @bicompton
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR UPDATESS <33

(this is my gyg btw bcs us gcse students unite 💪 my gcse adventure )
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 6
thanks for the tag hehe <33
OMDSS WELL DONE BABEEEE, congrats on making one my loveeeeeeee. I shall be certain to stalk your gcse life and feel free to stalk my a levels one too tatakae L's gyg journey
Original post by milktee
OMG HEYY YOU MADE YOUR GYG 🥰 quick question, how's gcses in 83 days for you??? mine's in 69 days... or have i carried out some incorrect calculations 💀 gosh i'm loving your way of words, so beautiful and eloquent 🤞 looking forward to embarking on your journey with you, and if this blog is your form of procrastination, then i'll force you to get back on track for your academic comeback 💪

just tagging users who'll defo support your journey asw 🤍🤍 @study23! @kayleigh_t.27 @halfharry (the speech style is twinning) @emm4nuella @aalimk @wkstudy @AspiringSurvivor @bicompton

Honestly, I HAVEN'T A CLUE. But I had an assembly yesterday (we literally have a whole lesson dedicated to revision) and the teacher had a countdown until our first GCSE's and it said 84 days. I thought it was way less too tbh. It's all coming on really fast argh!! But yeah, hopefully I can make the best of it! xx

OO and about the matching speech style, I thought it would be a fun exercise to practice vocabulary for English! Plus I LOVE READING so like, I get to use some archaic ass phrases for no reason other than them sounding funny (did you know Shakespeare made a your Mum joke - I think a character says "Villain I have done thy Mother"

or saying stuff like, I HATED REVISION SM I "wept a little weep" (Jo from little women says that)
I'm definitely not as eloquent as @halfharry tho, too ******* lazy HALFJSDLFJLFK

GETTING BACK TO REVISION BYEE!!
Reply 9
Honestly, I HAVEN'T A CLUE. But I had an assembly yesterday (we literally have a whole lesson dedicated to revision) and the teacher had a countdown until our first GCSE's and it said 84 days. I thought it was way less too tbh. It's all coming on really fast argh!! But yeah, hopefully I can make the best of it! xx

OO and about the matching speech style, I thought it would be a fun exercise to practice vocabulary for English! Plus I LOVE READING so like, I get to use some archaic ass phrases for no reason other than them sounding funny (did you know Shakespeare made a your Mum joke - I think a character says "Villain I have done thy Mother"

or saying stuff like, I HATED REVISION SM I "wept a little weep" (Jo from little women says that)
I'm definitely not as eloquent as @halfharry tho, too ******* lazy HALFJSDLFJLFK

GETTING BACK TO REVISION BYEE!!
well if it is 84 days for you then you've got a whileee, whereas i literally just have 2 months 😔😔 yesyes let's hope we can both be productive in these last few months <33

LMAOO THATS HILARIOUS, not sure if it's supposed to be funny but my humours broken 💀 i guess this is the daily life of a humanities lover... even as a stem person myself i can never incorporate it into my daily life, i mean i do often say random physics facts out of the blue in school haha

AHAH BUT U ARE THO, both your guys' speech style is defo unique and i'm loving it 🤞

BYE BYE GOOD LUCK W REVISIONN
omggg a new gyg to stalk !! your writing is like shakespeare, taking me back to gcse English lit LMAO so excited to follow you on your journey 💓
Original post by milktee

thank you for the tag !! 💓
Original post by aalimk
omggg a new gyg to stalk !! your writing is like shakespeare, taking me back to gcse English lit LMAO so excited to follow you on your journey 💓
YOO HELLO, ILL STALK URS IN TURN (reciprocation innit xoxox)
Original post by milktee
well if it is 84 days for you then you've got a whileee, whereas i literally just have 2 months 😔😔 yesyes let's hope we can both be productive in these last few months <33

LMAOO THATS HILARIOUS, not sure if it's supposed to be funny but my humours broken 💀 i guess this is the daily life of a humanities lover... even as a stem person myself i can never incorporate it into my daily life, i mean i do often say random physics facts out of the blue in school haha

AHAH BUT U ARE THO, both your guys' speech style is defo unique and i'm loving it 🤞

BYE BYE GOOD LUCK W REVISIONN
AHH GUYS WTH, i went onto my secondary school websigte right bc they had a countdown up for us and so I thought they will for the current yr 11's too, but this is what it is showingScreenshot 2024-03-03 021503.png horror i hate countdowns, thats why im **** scared for my mocks that are coming up lmaoo
Original post by Tatakae L
AHH GUYS WTH, i went onto my secondary school websigte right bc they had a countdown up for us and so I thought they will for the current yr 11's too, but this is what it is showingScreenshot 2024-03-03 021503.png horror i hate countdowns, thats why im **** scared for my mocks that are coming up lmaoo
HOLY ****K THATS SCARY. Macbeth said it best: "That horrid image doth unfix my hair" and "makes my seated heart knock at my ribs" FELT MY MARROW CHILL AND MY BLOOD FREEZE FR

still I don't even know that I'm right that I've got 84 days because I SWEAR I've got them in 2 months soo idk if the teacher is right or not
HOLY ****K THATS SCARY. Macbeth said it best: "That horrid image doth unfix my hair" and "makes my seated heart knock at my ribs" FELT MY MARROW CHILL AND MY BLOOD FREEZE FR

still I don't even know that I'm right that I've got 84 days because I SWEAR I've got them in 2 months soo idk if the teacher is right or not
ahaha stop MB is such a king, like all these MB haters can get out of here. But yes fr it realy does unfix my hair too and im not even the one tkaking my gcses.

Also sidenote, i think I am a girl not born of a woman in shakespears eyes bc im a c section baby and macduff was too soooo
Original post by Tatakae L
ahaha stop MB is such a king, like all these MB haters can get out of here. But yes fr it realy does unfix my hair too and im not even the one tkaking my gcses.

Also sidenote, i think I am a girl not born of a woman in shakespears eyes bc im a c section baby and macduff was too soooo
SLAY GIRLIE - If you were in the play, you'd be kicking 6ft, haggard, buff soldier ass as a teenager (?). Like, tell me that's not impressive 🗡️
SLAY GIRLIE - If you were in the play, you'd be kicking 6ft, haggard, buff soldier ass as a teenager (?). Like, tell me that's not impressive 🗡️
i wish. instead im a short ass 5'2 but stilla monster i think strength wise 💪
Original post by milktee

ty @milktee as always.... @wowzapollowza i replied on my gyg :smile:
Original post by aalimk
thank you for the tag !! 💓

Original post by halfharry
ty @milktee as always.... @wowzapollowza i replied on my gyg :smile:
anytimeee <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending