The Student Room Group

Having Issues with the Implant

Hey! I've been having issues with the implant and I'm going to go to the sexual health clinic to get something sorted. When I got it put in, they said that if you have problems, there are sometimes extra things they can do for you without taking the implant out to see if that helps, so I wondered if anyone had any experience with this and what it actually entails? Just so that I do some research before I go.
It depends on what issues you are having. For bleeding, for example, they will often give a course of the pill to take alongside the implant to try and settle things. They will explain all your options when you go - you don't have to make a decision there and then, you can do more research after the appointment.

Good luck and hope you find a solution 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
It depends on what issues you are having. For bleeding, for example, they will often give a course of the pill to take alongside the implant to try and settle things. They will explain all your options when you go - you don't have to make a decision there and then, you can do more research after the appointment.

Good luck and hope you find a solution 🙂
Yeah that's what I assumed it would be. That sounds good - I know I wouldn't be 100% reliable with the pill as I don't have a very regular schedule so this way I'd still be covered all the time. I've been bleeding for 12 weeks straight (cry) and two decidual casts as well, which aren't very nice!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yeah that's what I assumed it would be. That sounds good - I know I wouldn't be 100% reliable with the pill as I don't have a very regular schedule so this way I'd still be covered all the time. I've been bleeding for 12 weeks straight (cry) and two decidual casts as well, which aren't very nice!
Sounds horrible! Hope they can help!

Quick Reply

Latest