The Student Room Group

Have I messed this up?

Myself and this boy have been speaking for around 6 weeks.

Our first date was 24 hours long and our next date was all evening and we ended up sleeping together, which felt fine.

However, he has gone away for 5 weeks to work from Spain with another friend and I confirmed with him before he went if he wanted to speak whilst he was there to which he replied yes of course (I wouldn't have slept with him otherwise) and now he's replying once a day and said he might be crap on his phone because he's busy/enjoying being away.

Not sure what to do now...
Original post by daisymay1996
Myself and this boy have been speaking for around 6 weeks.

Our first date was 24 hours long and our next date was all evening and we ended up sleeping together, which felt fine.

However, he has gone away for 5 weeks to work from Spain with another friend and I confirmed with him before he went if he wanted to speak whilst he was there to which he replied yes of course (I wouldn't have slept with him otherwise) and now he's replying once a day and said he might be crap on his phone because he's busy/enjoying being away.

Not sure what to do now...
I would be of the mindset that while he is away, and given that you two were not committed before he went, that it’s likely he will meet other girls. It’s an ‘out of sight out of mind’ situation that is bad timing of course, but due to the timing, it is what it is. When he comes back, the two you can start fresh if it’s what you both still want.
I wouldn’t put any pressure on him, message loads or upset yourself in the meantime. Just be positive for him and wish him a good time, have a good time yourself and see where things are when he comes back, with no stress over what may or may not have happened for either of you. :smile:
Obviously him going away for 5 weeks isn't ideal when you've only been speaking for 6 weeks and have gone on two dates. But at the same time, it doesn't mean anything in a negative sense and it definitely doesn't mean you've messed anything up. It's entirely right that he should be focusing on enjoying him time in Spain, and replying once a day in those circumstances is fine. I would be as laid back as you can be about this. Don't worry about the next five weeks, and then when he comes back you can reconnect then. Certainly sounds like you got on very well before he went away, so hopefully you should just be able to pick up where you left off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending