The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Uni Degrees

Would criminology be a reliable degree?
I want to do a bachelors in Criminology but my parents keep telling me its a waste of talent and I should look into reliable and proper degrees such as Engineering.
Like psychology, it's a popular degree because it's interesting and gives transferrable skills. Also like psychology, its popularity means that it produces FAR more graduates than there are relevant roles for them to fill.

On the other hand, studying Engineering if you have no interest in engineering and don't want to become an engineer would be a bad idea.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Anonymous
Would criminology be a reliable degree?
I want to do a bachelors in Criminology but my parents keep telling me its a waste of talent and I should look into reliable and proper degrees such as Engineering.

What career are you looking at doing and would a criminology degree help you get into that career?
Reply 3
Original post by -Eirlys-
What career are you looking at doing and would a criminology degree help you get into that career?

Ah sorry I wasn't active, but I want to take a career in the police department. I haven't got it planned yet since I have a lot of time. Either ways I know that a degree in criminology would be better but my parents just want me to be an engineer or doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest