The Student Room Group

Help! Has anyone got in the IEA Internship please?

Hi, thank you for clicking into this post. I wish to apply for the IEA’s FUTURE THOUGHT LEADERS’ INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: SIXTH FORM and they require a CV and covering letter. I am wondering if anyone who is applying or has got in this internship can briefly tell me a bit what should be written in the CV please? Many thanks!! :>
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Keiiiwannn
Hi, thank you for clicking into this post. I wish to apply for the IEA’s FUTURE THOUGHT LEADERS’ INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: SIXTH FORM and they require a CV and covering letter. I am wondering if anyone who is applying or has got in this internship can briefly tell me a bit what should be written in the CV please? Many thanks!! :>

Hi, I took part in the Sixth Form Internship last year (I think they've rebranded it as the future thought programme, but I'm assuming it's the same event). In the CV, I had a short personal statement paragraph at the top about myself, then key skills and examples of experiences where I had developed these skills, my actual work experience and then education/grades. I also added a few academic activities/awards at the end - hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
I Applied just today, it looks pretty good. I just uploaded my standard CV and explained why I wanted to attend in my cover letter. I applied last year and got rejected, but I hadn't started year 12 then.
Reply 4
Original post by livlifestudying
Hi, I took part in the Sixth Form Internship last year (I think they've rebranded it as the future thought programme, but I'm assuming it's the same event). In the CV, I had a short personal statement paragraph at the top about myself, then key skills and examples of experiences where I had developed these skills, my actual work experience and then education/grades. I also added a few academic activities/awards at the end - hope this helps :smile:

Hi. Thank you so much for replying! This is so helpful.
Reply 5
Original post by edzomac
I Applied just today, it looks pretty good. I just uploaded my standard CV and explained why I wanted to attend in my cover letter. I applied last year and got rejected, but I hadn't started year 12 then.

Woo ok. Good luck with your application. :>
Original post by Keiiiwannn
Hi. Thank you so much for replying! This is so helpful.

You're welcome! Good luck with your application!!
Reply 7
Hi does anyone know when we will hear back from them for the april scheme?
Reply 8
Original post by la_17
Hi does anyone know when we will hear back from them for the april scheme?

I haven't heard back yet but I imagine it will be soon
Original post by edzomac
I haven't heard back yet but I imagine it will be soon

Heard back from them today, got accepted
I got accepted on Wednesday
Are you going to the Easter one?
Original post by Reckless Savage
Heard back from them today, got accepted

Are you going to the one in Easter?
Original post by m.summer_brock
Are you going to the Easter one?

Yep
Original post by halillabib
I got accepted on Wednesday

same
Does anyone know what to write in the cover letter for the IEA sixth form internship- like what should I include
I pretty much just said why I am passionate for economics, what I have done to show my interest in economics and how I would benefit from the internship.
Reply 17
Hi I have also been accepted for the programme, does anyone know where exact details for that week are because I haven't been told much!
did anyone apply to freedom week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending