The Student Room Group

Why have I been asked to do a foundation year when i'm on Access to HE

Hi everyone,
So I'm a 27-year-old Access to HE student who is studying social sciences at college. I have gained straight distinctions (top grade) so far during my studies, I have 100% attendance and I'm a student ambassador. Taking all of this in to account, I applied for History and Politics undergrad at MMU. My application has been rejected and instead I have been offered to do the course with a foundation year. I'm so confused as to why? By the end of my course at college I will have more then met the entry requirement's for MMU plus the Access course is essentially a foundation year as we learn to reference, research and to write academically. Am I able appeal there decision? Can anyone give me insight as to why they would do this?
You’d have to ask them for feedback to find out why. Unless it’s an error there’s usually little possibility of appealing.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
You’d have to ask them for feedback to find out why. Unless it’s an error there’s usually little possibility of appealing.

ok thank you
Original post by StudentSweat
Hi everyone,
So I'm a 27-year-old Access to HE student who is studying social sciences at college. I have gained straight distinctions (top grade) so far during my studies, I have 100% attendance and I'm a student ambassador. Taking all of this in to account, I applied for History and Politics undergrad at MMU. My application has been rejected and instead I have been offered to do the course with a foundation year. I'm so confused as to why? By the end of my course at college I will have more then met the entry requirement's for MMU plus the Access course is essentially a foundation year as we learn to reference, research and to write academically. Am I able appeal there decision? Can anyone give me insight as to why they would do this?

Hi @StudentSweat Best thing to do would be to send an email to [email protected] to request feedback. Include your name, UCAS ID and the name of the course you applied for so the team can locate your application 🙂 - Chloe
Hi everyone,

@StudentSweat
I would speak to the admissions tutor about this, it feels a little unusual. Sometimes if its a few years since you did the Access program they might ask for evidence of more recent study before the degree. You might be on the wrong course code too - this sort of thing does happen - give them a message https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/admissions

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @StudentSweat Best thing to do would be to send an email to [email protected] to request feedback. Include your name, UCAS ID and the name of the course you applied for so the team can locate your application 🙂 - Chloe

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I have emailed them. Do you know how likely MMU are to change their desion m?
If you have achieved straight distinctions, don't go to MMU.
Original post by Ashmorr
Hi, thanks for your suggestion. I have emailed them. Do you know how likely MMU are to change their desion m?

I can't say for sure, but if it's an error they should amend the offer for you 🙂
Reply 8
Hi everyone,

It was a error guys all sorted now🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending