The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Fourth Session

Scroll to see replies

A-levels, with less than 2 months until my first exam! :frown:
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
those are tests right? in the us we have state tests every year for english math, and science. mine are in april :smile:

Right, so GCSEs would be like big exams at the end of Sophomore year/ 10th grade, and you study a full range of subjects similar to a US High School. But then after that you usually take 3-4 subjects for A-level and you still the exams at the end of what would be Senior year in the US
@MysteryyyGirl86 so you still do the state tests even though you're home-schooled? Are they mandatory?
Original post by Pwca
@MysteryyyGirl86 so you still do the state tests even though you're home-schooled? Are they mandatory?
yes, they are mandatory, i do them online on a secure browser that the charter school provides
yes, they are mandatory, i do them online on a secure browser that the charter school provides

Ah that's so cool :smile: I think I would've preferred doing my exams online actually!
Original post by Pwca
Ah that's so cool :smile: I think I would've preferred doing my exams online actually!
yes, i definitely prefer the computer :smile:
Hi, sorry I'm a bit late. I'll be working on my geography hw today 🙂
Original post by wkstudy
Hi, sorry I'm a bit late. I'll be working on my geography hw today 🙂
is geography stem or humanities? :smile:
Original post by Pwca
The personality types and stress thing is so interesting! Are personality types something that's accepted in psychology? Or does it mean more like tendencies and traits? I'm thinking specifically of whether the Myers Briggs test is actually legit
Hope the session is going well for everyone! I'm curious to know how many are doing GCSEs, A-levels, or something else?
It's more about tendencies and traits in the stress topic :smile: And I'm studying alevels right now!
Original post by Pwca
I type my exams but everything has to be disconnected, but that's because I tend to write quite slowly
Hey guys! Just about to go and have dinner but I've had such a productive session so far, my focus techniques are working! I've done everything on my list apart from starting my lit homework so far so I'll definitely get on that after dinner :smile: Feeling very proud of myself, hope everyone else is proud of themselves too!
is geography stem or humanities? :smile:

I'd say humanities :smile:
Just started working on my core practical
managed to get 20 mins of bio quizlet revision done - team stem
going to log off now, finished my flashcards :smile:
BACK FROM DINNER, gonna make a start on my lit homework now :smile:
tidied up my production log and most of my source analysis table! logging off, see you all next week :biggrin:
I have just finished my core practical so now I will print it off!
I just finished the paper! I did it in about 1 hour and 15 minutes, in an actual exam I would obviously check over the paper but I am just going to start marking it now! #teamSTEM
Well done everyone! :h: Seems like another productive session! @erin11 and @flowersinmyhair you're both clearly smart and dedicated so I don't think you need to worry about those exams. If anything, better to get them out the way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending