The Student Room Group

Course confusion

I feel like I'm overthinking everything in relation to my future. I have a place to study paramedic science and feel privileged to receive a place. I keep wondering if this is for me, at the time of applying I wanted to become a paramedic because of the complete chaos and unpredictability, but, also I have trauma from an experience with a paramedic so I spent a lot of years just wanting to be different. I'm now considering that a ward based setting may be more suitable for me, I've struggled with my mental health these past few years and feel I would benefit from a more stable environment. I've been looking at a possible course transfer to children's nursing. Basically, I have waffled on a bit but, how did you decide what the right career path is? I'm terrified of regretting my decisions and whatever I choose being the wrong choice. I would really appreciate any help and advice if at all possible. thank you!
Original post by Lucycox124
I feel like I'm overthinking everything in relation to my future. I have a place to study paramedic science and feel privileged to receive a place. I keep wondering if this is for me, at the time of applying I wanted to become a paramedic because of the complete chaos and unpredictability, but, also I have trauma from an experience with a paramedic so I spent a lot of years just wanting to be different. I'm now considering that a ward based setting may be more suitable for me, I've struggled with my mental health these past few years and feel I would benefit from a more stable environment. I've been looking at a possible course transfer to children's nursing. Basically, I have waffled on a bit but, how did you decide what the right career path is? I'm terrified of regretting my decisions and whatever I choose being the wrong choice. I would really appreciate any help and advice if at all possible. thank you!
I’ve also applied for paramedic science . It was the only course I applied for and I have no doubts about entering into a career in this field . However it is quite a hard course with evident challenges and obstacles. Just plz don’t do a course your heart is not into because at the end of the day it’s 9,000 pounds a year

Quick Reply

Latest