The Student Room Group

do you think this is normal

im 17 and i cant talk to girls, have never had a girlfriend, have no friends and have never been drunk
i believe i have undaignosed autism
Original post by turbo mogger
im 17 and i cant talk to girls, have never had a girlfriend, have no friends and have never been drunk

I'm basically the same, hoping that university will help change things. I want to say you're normal and just introverted - there's a chance we both have undiagnosed autism though so I don't want to lie. Also I don't see the never been drunk thing as a negative at all, and it's something I'm proud of. The rest is kinda sad but genuine relationships are scarce for most I believe.
Reply 2

nah and who cares if you can't get girls. there is no age on when anyone should begin talking to girls and such. also, I am legal age to drink and smoke but I don't do that. never will drink it is not for me. i say focus on yourself, do the good for yourself and the people your close
Reply 3
Original post by toxicgamage56
I want to say you're normal and just introverted

no i definitely am autistic
I want to say you're normal and just introverted

no i definitely am autistic

You're undiagnosed so you can't say that with certainty. Don't box yourself away on a self-diagnosis, you still have the opportunity to develop socially. Be optimistic as I am.
I'm basically the same, hoping that university will help change things. I want to say you're normal and just introverted - there's a chance we both have undiagnosed autism though so I don't want to lie. Also I don't see the never been drunk thing as a negative at all, and it's something I'm proud of. The rest is kinda sad but genuine relationships are scarce for most I believe.

Hi, im a 17 year old girl just recently diagnosed with autism, but in a similar situation. I have a few friends but i find them to be rude and i don't relate to them. It will all come along with time and when you're ready it will happen. my advice would be don't feel like you have to rush anything, do everything at your own pace and work on yourself first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending