The Student Room Group

how does clearing work?

Lets say i got offers from some non russel group Unis and i already selected a firm and insurance but then wanted to apply to a russel group unis How would i go about it?
Original post by Sosaaaaaaaa
Lets say i got offers from some non russel group Unis and i already selected a firm and insurance but then wanted to apply to a russel group unis How would i go about it?
On results day, to enter clearing, you need to have no offers available - either from not having the grades, or thinking during the summer break that you no longer wish to choose your confirmed choices, you reject your offers on results day. You then enter clearing:
See https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/what-clearing/top-tips-calling-universities-during-clearing
You cannot use Clearing until you have your results.
If you are taking A levels etc this year, you cannot do anything until Results Day.
It's the Too Good to Go app, but for degrees.
Original post by Sosaaaaaaaa

In an ideal world if you think that you could get the grades for a specific university then that university should be one of your original 5 choices. It’s never the best option to wait until clearing to apply for a university that you want to go to. Clearing is designed as a backup option - it doesn’t work well if you try to use it for a different purpose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending