The Student Room Group

clearing

what are all the unis that do clearing for LLB law
Clearing vacancies change each year. There’s no way to predict which universities will have vacancies.
Original post by rh_
what are all the unis that do clearing for LLB law

Hi @rh_

The way that clearing works is that each university has a number of places available on a course (for example LLB Law). Usually, a university will offer out all of their places when they give offers. However, this is with the understanding that some people will not choose them as their firm choice, some individuals will decide not to go to university and some people will put them as their first but will not get the required grades and, therefore, will have their offer withdrawn. Therefore, it is the number of spaces left on the course after these potentials have been confirmed which determines how many places a university will offer through clearing. Unfortunately, this means that it is impossible to predict accurately which institutions will enter clearing and how many places they will have.
I will say, that some universities rarely go into clearing because they offer more places than they actually have on the course to take into account the situations I previously explained. In order to work out whether a institution you are interested in does this, it is a good idea to research whether they have gone into clearing before and how frequently.
Most importantly, if you are looking to apply during clearing, it is important to have a list of unis you want to apply to ready so that you can call them as quickly as possible on results day. Clearing is a first-come, first-served situation so you need to know who to hit and to do it as soon as you can.

I hope this helps and good luck 🙂

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending