The Student Room Group

Chemistry Predicted Grades

I get around 68% to 78% in all my chemistry exams ( I am in year 12), but it looks like my teacher is going to predict me a B or C. I want to do Medicine, and this would completely ruin my chances. Are they right, am I actually getting a B or C, or should I talk to them?
Original post by martial-chime
I get around 68% to 78% in all my chemistry exams ( I am in year 12), but it looks like my teacher is going to predict me a B or C. I want to do Medicine, and this would completely ruin my chances. Are they right, am I actually getting a B or C, or should I talk to them?

Do they give you the actual grades or just the percentages
Actual grades. According to them, I am going to get B or C in Chemistry
Original post by martial-chime
Actual grades. According to them, I am going to get B or C in Chemistry

If you’ve gotten an A before i would definitely talk to them and say your capable but you need to sound knowledgeable so tell them how you aim to get this and what you’re doing to ensure you get the grade - if the highest you’ve got is a B before i would still argue for it because your probably more than capable of getting a grade higher by next year. Don’t back down tell them you want to do medicine and from experience I know you really do need an A for that. Good luck :smile:
Thank you so much, I really needed to hear that. I will do exactly as you've adviced :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest