The Student Room Group

Combined science

Hi how many marks would i need to get (roughly ) to get a grade 5-6 or 6-7 in combined science over all and per paper if you know thanks
Original post by s_19969
Hi how many marks would i need to get (roughly ) to get a grade 5-6 or 6-7 in combined science over all and per paper if you know thanks

Which exam board?
Reply 2
Edexcel
Last June, you'd have needed 163 (out of 360) overall for a 6-5, 183 for a 6-6, and 203 for a 7-6:

Edexcel - GCSE Grade Boundaries June 2023 - Combined Science.JPG

See the full PDF here.

The notional grade boundaries (which are per paper) are harder to screenshot (because of all the papers, and because they intermingle the Foundation Tier and Higher Tier boundaries). So I just provide the link to the PDF, which is here. The Combined Science boundaries start on page 9. Glancing down the list, for a 6-6 you'd have needed between 29 and 32 on each paper which, when multiplied by the six papers, gets you to the 183 overall mentioned above.

Note that the boundaries move about each year, so the above may not be reflective of what the boundaries will be this year.
Reply 4
Thank you i now have a realistic goal , i totally get they change boundaries every year i am estimating roughly
Original post by s_19969
Thank you i now have a realistic goal , i totally get they change boundaries every year i am estimating roughly

You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest