The Student Room Group

A Level Maths Exams and Predictions

I’m currently getting a B in my A Level Mathematics, I’m doing fast track, so I’m doing my A Level exam in the first year and then the second year I want to do further maths.
I’m getting a B in Statistics and Mechanics together, (I’m weaker in Statistics) and a B in my Pure. We’ve finished the applied content but not all of the pure.
Is there any ways I can go from a B to an A in a before the 16th of May?
Reply 1
Make a Maths Notebook with all of the information down and just use it to solve as many past papers as possible. Hopefully it will help you memorize the formulae just by using them but if something you can’t remember just look back. In general this is the best preparation for A levels tbh
Original post by depriveofsocial
I’m currently getting a B in my A Level Mathematics, I’m doing fast track, so I’m doing my A Level exam in the first year and then the second year I want to do further maths.
I’m getting a B in Statistics and Mechanics together, (I’m weaker in Statistics) and a B in my Pure. We’ve finished the applied content but not all of the pure.
Is there any ways I can go from a B to an A in a before the 16th of May?
Yes of course! Plenty of time to make loads of progress! Keep grinding out past papers and if you find yourself struggling with a particular type of question, focus on that chapter in your textbook and solve as many questions as you can. The great thing about studying maths is that you are essentially guaranteed to make progress at this level as long as you keep practicing. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest