The Student Room Group

a level predicteds

I'm currently in yr 12 and finished mocks. I'm predicted three Cs so far. I do physics, maths and history. Is it possible to move my predicted to three As before internal ucas applications in yr 13?
Reply 1
Absolutely, first of all you wanna talk to your subject teachers about your goal, and hopefully they'll give you resources like mock exams etc you can do yourself in timed conditions etc or essays even, give them in and have your teachers assess your work. Also ask to resit mocks and just keep doing extra work if you wanna be predicted higher for you unis and if you wanna get good grades overall! don't push yourself too much though, but you can do it if you really want to and strive for it!

Goodluck!!! (:
Reply 2
Original post by thressi
I'm currently in yr 12 and finished mocks. I'm predicted three Cs so far. I do physics, maths and history. Is it possible to move my predicted to three As before internal ucas applications in yr 13?

What grades have you been getting during the year?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
What grades have you been getting during the year?

For maths my topic test i get As. For physics I get Ds and History I get Cs.
Reply 4
Original post by thressi
For maths my topic test i get As. For physics I get Ds and History I get Cs.

So I think improving to AAA is going to be difficult.

If you are getting As for topic tests in Maths what went wrong? Sounds like more time practising would help. Have you got your paper back to see where you went wrong?

What feedback have you had on your essays for History?
Reply 5
So I think improving to AAA is going to be difficult.

If you are getting As for topic tests in Maths what went wrong? Sounds like more time practising would help. Have you got your paper back to see where you went wrong?

What feedback have you had on your essays for History?

for the maths mocks I panicked in the exam and didnt do enough revision. I got my maths paper back and found i over complicated things in the exam.

For history, I need to right in more detail.
Reply 6
Original post by thressi
for the maths mocks I panicked in the exam and didnt do enough revision. I got my maths paper back and found i over complicated things in the exam.

For history, I need to right in more detail.

So Maths sounds doable ...

History - how do you plan your answers?

What about Physics - that looks the weakest.

Talk to your teachers and see what they say about raising predictions - a later application will help [before the Jan date but nearer December than September]
Reply 7
So Maths sounds doable ...

History - how do you plan your answers?

What about Physics - that looks the weakest.

Talk to your teachers and see what they say about raising predictions - a later application will help [before the Jan date but nearer December than September]

For history I plan essays using tables and do that for as many essay questions as possible.
For physics I wanna ask my teacher if I can do more time papers during frees but idk if he will let me since he has to make new papers.
Reply 8
Original post by thressi
For history I plan essays using tables and do that for as many essay questions as possible.
For physics I wanna ask my teacher if I can do more time papers during frees but idk if he will let me since he has to make new papers.

https://mmerevise.co.uk/a-level-physics-revision/

Which board is Maths?
Reply 9

Thank you so much!
For maths I do AQA too
Reply 10
Original post by thressi
Thank you so much!
For maths I do AQA too

https://mmerevise.co.uk/a-level-maths-revision/
Reply 11

Thank you so much!