The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How easy is it to change courses within the mathematics department

Hi!

I have applied to BSc Mathematics with Economics and if I get an offer, I would very much like to switch to BSc Mathematics and Statistical Science.

My personal statement is very much tailored to maths with econ (i.e 75% was maths and 25% was econ, with a bit of stats sprinkled in), so if i ask to switch now, my already slim odds of getting an offer would probably be worse - so that isnt an option.

so my question is, how hard is it to request a course change IF i get an offer?
(edited 2 months ago)
The stats department is a separate department at UCL so would entirely depend on them. Hard to say in that case.

I would suggest requesting they consider you for another course now if possible. I think there's an option to do that on Portico.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by artful_lounger
The stats department is a separate department at UCL so would entirely depend on them. Hard to say in that case.

I would suggest requesting they consider you for another course now if possible. I think there's an option to do that on Portico.
the courses are both in the maths department, so the change is all internal to one department
Original post by AcademicWeapon12
the courses are both in the maths department, so the change is all internal to one department

Joint honours degrees at UCL will have one "home" department for administrative purposes, but are co-convened by both participating departments and so admissions involves both departments normally.

In any event my point stands - it's better to request a change earlier rather than later as your chances of being successful dwindle over time as more spaces are filled on the other programme.
Original post by artful_lounger
Joint honours degrees at UCL will have one "home" department for administrative purposes, but are co-convened by both participating departments and so admissions involves both departments normally.

In any event my point stands - it's better to request a change earlier rather than later as your chances of being successful dwindle over time as more spaces are filled on the other programme.
thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending