The Student Room Group

Social Security Scotland - Client Manager

Anyone applied to this role and attend the information sessions? did they say when the interviews would be taking place?
Reply 1
I didn't attend the original info sessions.

However, interviews are provisionally scheduled between the dates of 24th April 2024 10th May 2024 on MS Teams lasting an hour. There is an info session planned next week relating to interviews.
Reply 2
From my research on SSS, 60% of claimants for adult and child disability payments are rejected.

Many of those who are eligible believe they should have been awarded another component and/or higher rate. There also seems to be massive backlogs in caseloads.

So that will mean dealing with a majority of customers who are frustrated, angry and disappointed.

On the brightside, its not dealing face to face with customers.

On the downside, it's such a small organisation that it's hard to identify much in the way of promotion opportunities (apart from Team Lead roles which don't interest me). Is that the case?

Can anyone with experience of SSS tell me about the culture, workload, management, flexi time policy and progression opportunities?

I found the DWP pretty dismal and I know SSS would want to set itself apart from them. In comparison it offers much better terms and conditions - higher pay, more holidays, less working hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending