The Student Room Group

Appeal

Hello I had a final fail from my university due to not submitting EC’s for not submitting my resits the reason for this was due to me finding out about childhood SA and this triggering a mental health episode. Is my university likely to approve this appeal? I’m still waiting to hear back after 80 days and the next exam season is fast approaching. Any response or advice would be appreciated
Reply 1
When you submitted your appeal, did you get an ackowledgment? Assuming you did, I would contact the named person on that correspondence and ask for an update.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello I had a final fail from my university due to not submitting EC’s for not submitting my resits the reason for this was due to me finding out about childhood SA and this triggering a mental health episode. Is my university likely to approve this appeal? I’m still waiting to hear back after 80 days and the next exam season is fast approaching. Any response or advice would be appreciated

Hi there,

I think the best thing to do is to get in contact with your University and explain the situation and ask for an update on your appeal. If you got a name when you submitted the appeal then it is worth asking them, or if not then you could get into contact with your personal tutor / academic advisor if you have them and ask them if they know anything about it. It's worth explaining that you need to know soon as the next exam season is coming up and see if they are able to help you at all.

I hope this helps ,

Lucy -SHU student ambassador.
Reply 3
Original post by cheadle
When you submitted your appeal, did you get an ackowledgment? Assuming you did, I would contact the named person on that correspondence and ask for an update.

I did I’ve emailed and they said it might take over 180 days which is more than what the regulating body says it should. Do you think the appeal is likely to get approved based on the common industry standards?
Reply 4
You need to go back to the academic appeal regulations. If they say something along the lines of "normally within 180 days" but also have guidelines on what happens when this isn't possible, then I doubt you will have any choice but to wait.
Reply 5
Original post by Ghost37
I did I’ve emailed and they said it might take over 180 days which is more than what the regulating body says it should. Do you think the appeal is likely to get approved based on the common industry standards?

It will depend on the university's processes. It might be that decisions like this get made in the progress board/exam board after the summer exams take place.

You could certainly ask the question as to when the decision will be made. Your student union might be able to offer you advice on what the regulations say; though you should be able to find the regulations on the university's web site.

Are you still studying (and being taught) at the university pending the decision on the appeal? If so, I would work on the basis that you will sit the upcoming exams, and concentrate on those.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending