The Student Room Group

haringey sixth form college

I went for a taster day but it felt very unserious. Is the teaching good
Reply 1
Original post by canthinkofone

No it’s a unserious college. While I haven’t been there I’ve never heard anything good from it. LAET is probably the best college near it.
Reply 2

did u end up going? im looking to join for y13 lmk how the people and teaching is
Original post by z22a
did u end up going? im looking to join for y13 lmk how the people and teaching is

I didnt end up joining but I went to the enrollment day and Im going to be honest it seems rubbish and was rated very poorly in terms of education by ofsted. I would not reccommend going.
Reply 4
I didnt end up joining but I went to the enrollment day and Im going to be honest it seems rubbish and was rated very poorly in terms of education by ofsted. I would not reccommend going.

thanks for replying. tbh ik its not good. im resitting and from west ldn. its the only skl thats offering to take me on to resit my year 13 with them. i didnt know if its worth it tbh i dont want to self study at home , id like to go to a skl as i believe itll give me discipline but tbh harringey sfc is my only choice that ik of who does aqa sciences and can take me on. what do u recommend for my situation?
Original post by z22a
thanks for replying. tbh ik its not good. im resitting and from west ldn. its the only skl thats offering to take me on to resit my year 13 with them. i didnt know if its worth it tbh i dont want to self study at home , id like to go to a skl as i believe itll give me discipline but tbh harringey sfc is my only choice that ik of who does aqa sciences and can take me on. what do u recommend for my situation?

Im a bit surprised that its the only school offering you to resit your year 13. I have heard of colleges that are willing to take on resits for year 12 & 13 so maybe you havent looked around enough? For me I moved schools to resit year 12 & I think I applied to at least 13 schools & I remember it was REALLY hard to find a place & I had to do a lot of looking around to find one. I think you should also think about appealing if you cant find a place anywhere (that was my backup plan, at least). Your last resort would have to be self teaching though thats not exactly ideal & depends on the grades you got at A2.
Reply 6
Im a bit surprised that its the only school offering you to resit your year 13. I have heard of colleges that are willing to take on resits for year 12 & 13 so maybe you havent looked around enough? For me I moved schools to resit year 12 & I think I applied to at least 13 schools & I remember it was REALLY hard to find a place & I had to do a lot of looking around to find one. I think you should also think about appealing if you cant find a place anywhere (that was my backup plan, at least). Your last resort would have to be self teaching though thats not exactly ideal & depends on the grades you got at A2.

i used to spend like a week calling 30 schools/sf/colleges around each day but n luck. ur right there are their just not my exam board. do uno anywhere that does aqa bio and chem? also u mentioned appealing, but for what? and to whom will i be appealing.

thanks
Original post by z22a
i used to spend like a week calling 30 schools/sf/colleges around each day but n luck. ur right there are their just not my exam board. do uno anywhere that does aqa bio and chem? also u mentioned appealing, but for what? and to whom will i be appealing.

thanks

Isn't science across exam boards all very similar though? I know aqa and ocr are quite similar. I'd rather be able to Retake w a diff exam board than self teach tbh. If you appeal you'd have to be appealing a place for a school you've been rejected from. There's a page on it here . Every individual school has its way of appealing and you might find a page on that on a schools page for example here's harris academy tottenhams one . Lmk if the urls I've inserted work or not.
Reply 8
Isn't science across exam boards all very similar though? I know aqa and ocr are quite similar. I'd rather be able to Retake w a diff exam board than self teach tbh. If you appeal you'd have to be appealing a place for a school you've been rejected from. There's a page on it here . Every individual school has its way of appealing and you might find a page on that on a schools page for example here's harris academy tottenhams one . Lmk if the urls I've inserted work or not.

Ahhh i see, im assuming id have to take the appeal with the school themsleves. btw idk if you posted a link or image but i cant click or see it. tbh the issue is more so they dont get funded for 19 year olds apparently
Original post by z22a
Ahhh i see, im assuming id have to take the appeal with the school themsleves. btw idk if you posted a link or image but i cant click or see it. tbh the issue is more so they dont get funded for 19 year olds apparently

Oh yeah that's true I completely forgot about the funding 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️.
Reply 10
Oh yeah that's true I completely forgot about the funding 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️.

i mean i can try appealing? reckon itll be helpful? a lot of them dont budge lmao have too much attitude otp. say one thing one day then another the next,wasted a lot of my time. hence idk if i should give harringey a shot
Original post by z22a
i mean i can try appealing? reckon itll be helpful? a lot of them dont budge lmao have too much attitude otp. say one thing one day then another the next,wasted a lot of my time. hence idk if i should give harringey a shot

I'd say try appealing. If it doesn't work, then your last resort is just haringey college after all something is better than nothing
Reply 12
I'd say try appealing. If it doesn't work, then your last resort is just haringey college after all something is better than nothing

yes your right, tbh never heard of appealing. if u dm can u explain how it works and what id need to do. skls are on half term atm but ill get prepped for monday haha. ty
Original post by z22a
yes your right, tbh never heard of appealing. if u dm can u explain how it works and what id need to do. skls are on half term atm but ill get prepped for monday haha. ty

Gov.uk page about appealing has all the info you need. Also look into individual schl pages sections abt appealing, I can't help u directly cause I've never appealed in my life, only thought abt it
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 14
Gov.uk page about appealing has all the info you need. Also look into individual schl pages sections abt appealing, I can't help u directly cause I've never appealed in my life, only thought abt it

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY. ok i see gov.uk, does it come under some sort of section etc? do you know the name. would it come under a specfic type of appeal? thanks sm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending