The Student Room Group

English and French Law-Queen Mary

Hi!
My brother applied to Queen Mary (English and French Law with Sorbonne) and on the website, the decision appears as still pending. However, he received an offer for European and English Law some days ago (he didn't apply for it). Does he still have a chance for the dual degree ? Thanks a lot !!!!
Reply 1
Original post by LSo09
Hi!
My brother applied to Queen Mary (English and French Law with Sorbonne) and on the website, the decision appears as still pending. However, he received an offer for European and English Law some days ago (he didn't apply for it). Does he still have a chance for the dual degree ? Thanks a lot !!!!

Hi there! I know someone who was in the same position as your brother who applied last year for the dual degree (english and french law), got to interview stage and was offered European and English law instead. This probably means that the department has very limited spaces (i heard they admit only 30 ppl, 15 from UCAS & 15 from parcoursup (the french application system)) but they still think your brother is a great applicant so they offered him the alternative course which he'll still be able to spend 1 year at Sorbonne if he wanted for his year abroad. There's also a choice to go to Assas on the European law with English law course where he can get a 'licence' (kinda like a French undergrad law degree) during his year abroad so that might be worth taking into account too! Hope this helps!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending